American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: refresher
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:32 pm 
Could someone please refresh me on the time required and the process for reporting a game abandoned by an opponent. I seem to remember it is reported one level above when it was abandoned but I don't recall the time required to wait.

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corp AoP
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 pm 
Major General Groce,
David,

I don't believe there is an Official Time Period in these cases... but in my mind a month waiting for a file is plenty. Here's the Official ACWGC Rules on the subject.

<i>5.1.8.1 If for some reason this cannot be done it is the duty of the player who cannot do it to inform his opponent of his inability. If this is not acceptable to the opponent then the player should either concede the game at the current level of victory or find a level of victory mutually agreeable to his opponent. In the absence of an agreement take a 2-step reduction in the level of victory currently enjoyed. (An early resignation – in writing – by one side is always scored as a Major Victory for the opposing side and a Major Defeat for the resigning side.)

5.1.8.2 If one player leaves the Club, becomes inactive, or simply stops responding for weeks at a time, the remaining player may treat the game as a Major Victory. It is normal protocol to first check with the superior officers of the opponent before declaring this type of victory.</i>

What I generally do is contact that Officer's Chain of Command to see if they know what's happened to your opponent. Sometimes they are aware of a situation that you might not... computer crash, player is in the hospital, or had gone AWOL, etc.

If you ever have this problem with an AotM Officer... never hesitate to contact me and I'll get to the bottom of the matter for you quickly! [:)]

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:09 pm 

Maj.Gen. Groce,

Gen Hulinsky is quite correct, before filing an endgame report on a missing opponent you should contact his corps/army commander to see if they have heard from him. A member is not considered missing until he fails to report in for 3 months. In the union army he is then placed in Hospital for an additional 3 months before being discharged.

And as noted club rules allow you to file an endgame report with a victory level 2 levels higher than the current situation. This enables you to file for a draw in a scenario where you start out at a Major Defeat.

Gen. Ken Miller
AoP

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm 
Thank you for the replies, will wait a bit more then follow proceedure as outlined.

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corp AoP
"beyond our ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 am 

While club rules technically allow it, personally I normally don't claim the higher victory level, especially not when the game was still young. Normally I simply file a draw, and a victory only when the game was already decided for good, or when I get the feeling my opponent abandoned it only to avoid defeat.

(PS: There is an "s" missing in your signature. The word is "corps".)

<center>Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
[url="http://www.acwgc-usa.org/"]Image[/url]
<i>"... and keep moving on."</i>
</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:10 am 
Thank you, fixed it.

MG D. Groce
Commander
V Corps AoP