American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Happy St. Patty's Day!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 am 

Enjoy the day, and remember you can fight a battle fought on this day if you have The French and Indian War title from Tiller's Early American War series.

030.Lake George_d.scn Happy St. Patty's Day!

7:00am March 18th, 1757. --- Historical --- Damaging a fort in winter will cripple its offensive capabilities during the summer. Valuable time, money and men will be used to rebuild what is destroyed rather than attack the enemy. It is with this in mind that the French launch a quick raid at Fort William Henry. Planned to strike the day after St. Patrick's Day to, hopefully, catch the predominately Irish garrison sleeping one off. First player to move: French.

MG Al "Ambushed" Amos, Commanding Officer
1st Div, I Corps, AoP, USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 am 

A bad day for the gallant Pelham

"Tuesday, March 17 1863
CURIOSITY CADAVERIZES CONFEDERATE CANNONEER

The Battle of Kelly’s Ford took place on this day. William Woods Averell took his Union cavalry unit across the Rappahannock at the aforenamed crossing and engaged Confederate soldiers in fierce combat in the brush-covered terrain. The losses were 78, Union, 133 Confederate. The best-known casualty was John Pelham, artillerist, whose talent had been spectacular at Fredericksburg. He was not even a combatant, being present only as an observer."

“I have come to you from the West, where we have always seen the backs of our enemies. . . . Let us study the probable lines of retreat of our opponents, and leave our own to take care of themselves. Let us look before us, and not behindâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 am 
Gentlemen,

I just happened to learn that today is Major General Jon Hooper's 46th Birthday! As it turns out, it's also my Father's Birthday... so I guess I'll never forget Jon's Birthday again just by association! My Dad always gets a <b><font color="green">GREEN</font id="green"></b> birthday cake, as his birthday is on St. Patrick's Day even though he's not Irish! I asked Jon about it and he said he's been cursed with the same tradition! [xx(]

Anyway... I happen to have a picture of Jon when he was a kid... he's come a long way since then! If only his college team had! [;)] But that's ok... I'm glad to have Jon on <b><font color="orange">OUR TEAM</font id="orange"></b>... the Army of the Mississippi!

<center>Image</center>

<center><font size="6"><b>Happy Birthday, Jon!</b></font id="size6"></center>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 am 

Oh Aye, a lucky day for all. Good lads. For Ireland, is it? Well, Sirs, a drink to us, brothers-in-arms, kith and kin alike, on this fine St. Patrick's Day afternoon![:o)]

Lovely picture, General, Sir. I thought at first it was taken at the Cotton Bowl. Still, I am glad to see you have adopted burnt orange as the color for <b><font color="orange">OUR TEAM</font id="orange"></b>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hulinsky</i>
[ But that's ok... I'm glad to have Jon on <b><font color="orange">OUR TEAM</font id="orange"></b>... the Army of the Mississippi!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[img]<font size="3">Colonel J. Ellis
Officer Commanding
4/I AoG CSA
The War Horse Division
</font id="size3">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 pm 

As a descendent of the Acadians who suffered greatly sue to the expulsions of 1755 and 1758, I hope the French kicked their butts!

That said, I do have a couple of Irish ancestors. Lucas Collins, who was present at Natchez when it was taken by the Spanish in 1779 and who appeared in South Louisiana by 1781, and Thomas Rils (Riley) who was in Louisiana as early as 1782.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm 

Twenty years ago my oldest daughter was born [:D]can't believe that time has flown by so fast makes me feel sooooooo old [:D]. On her birthday she wants to have corn beef and cabbage, anyway she's half Irish and the better half Italian [:p]. Just don't ask my wife please[:0]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:45 am 
St Patty's Day was the day that my first wife unexpectedly came to stay with me from up North.....She was a damn Yankee and proceeded to make my life miserable for 6 and a half absolutely awful years......About the nicest thing she ever did for me was to steal about 15 thousand dollars out of my buissiness account and run off with somebody else.....Since then, I stay home and hide on St Patty's day.....Oh yeah, I am now married to a good Southern woman.....

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Corp Commanding