American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:11 am 

I have not seen any strong compliments paid to worthy opponents or scenarios especially worth playing.

I would like to raise a glass to Lt. Col. Sascha Marx of the AotM who has consistently fought brillant battles. Sascha has been a delight to game with, and he consistently makes his moves on time. Thank you sir and SALUTE!

I would also like to call the club's attention to the a Gettysburg scenario called Out of the west. (92. From out of the west IV (var. 134) /232)

The battle demands an excellent cav screen (I failed), close attention to command and control and you have to watch your bloody guns. Alas, I haven't done as well as I hoped, but it has been a great learning experience. Sometimes, you learn more from a gut-wrenching loss than you ever do from a cheap victory.

I think that more comments on good games and quality opponents from the vets of the club would help the newcomers. They would...

1. Find good or even great scenarios to play
2. Find fun opponents to fight
3. Make for a much better experience of joining the club.

Perhaps this is old hat to the wiley grey beards that populate the halls of the MDT, but it if has been posted, let's get the information out there for us new recruits. I know that most outfits are finishing the muster calls. It is always disappointing to see new people just fade away. Perhaps we can retard that process. I often feel that the forum doesn't reach and grab me when I know that the body of knowledge shared by the officiers is awesome and most useful, but it must be accessible.

Lt. Col Elkin
Chief Engineer AoT

“I have come to you from the West, where we have always seen the backs of our enemies. . . . Let us study the probable lines of retreat of our opponents, and leave our own to take care of themselves. Let us look before us, and not behindâ€

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm 

I would like to recommend Col Michael Gandt of the ANV as a top notch opponent. Michael gave me a real run for my money in the 2nd round of the El Deguello tournament. He took turns consistently and we had a very exciting match. If you are looking for a really tough match, Michael is your guy.

Brig Gen Shaw,
4th Brigade, 2nd Div,
XX Corps, AoC, USA

Profile Send private message