American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:51 am 

Well done Gents <salute>

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:11 am 

Congratulations gentlemen!!

MG Jon Hooper
AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:27 am 
Gentlemen of the Army of the Mississippi,

We are called back to headquarters again today to honor the promotion of another one of our fine officers!

Lt. Colonel Hampus Drott has earned himself a promotion to the rank of full Colonel! Although he is a Swede by birth and we can hardly understand what he talking about sometimes (cough cough) we still have grown fond of the lad and are thrilled by his advancement. He has also taken on the role of the Chief Engineer for the Army and is doing a wonderful job! For those of you who would like to see some of the work he has done for us - please visit our new Army website at http://acwgc.org/aotm/index.html.

May I present Colonel Drott with his new insignia and wish him continued success in his adopted homeland!

Dismissed Gentlemen!

Col. Blake L. Strickler
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff
6th Bd/4th Div/IV Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:01 pm 

Well done Hampus - a full Colonel <salute>. Now that calls for a big stein of very cold beer[:)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:27 pm 

Congrats Gentlemen, the bar is open and it's on General McOmish's tab so drink up and drink a plenty [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm 

General Bastiani you find that my tab was closed as soon as General Hooper became the new Army Commander, therefore I would assume thatGeneral Hooper is paying - based on that assumption shall we have a cold beer or 20, it tastes that much better when it is free. Good news on the Toughbook laptops[:D][8D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 am 

Yes General McOmish, it always taste better when someone else is paying for it [:D]. I'll have one now and another 20 for the road, I'm sure General Hooper doesn't mind. As for the laptops I haven't had the opportunity since my daughters got them. I gave them the laptops for school and an early Christmas / Birthday presents [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm 
Congrats to Maj. Gen. Paul Kenney, Maj. Gen. Owen Evans, Col. Neal Hebert, and Col. Hampus Drott for their Awards! They do the Army proud and we are lucky to have them!

Col. Blake L. Strickler
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff
6th Bd/4th Div/IV Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:30 pm 
Gentlemen,
The Army has another promotion to announce this fine month. Captain Joe Medeiros please step forward, sir!

For gallantry on the field of battle you are hereby promoted to the rank of Major in the Confederate States Army.
<center>Image</center>

Maj. Gen. Hooper and myself know you will bring many more victories to our army in the future!

Dismissed Gentlemen.... back to whipping them Yanks.

Col. Blake L. Strickler
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff
6th Bd/4th Div/IV Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:12 am 
In an effort to keep thing a bit more interesting around the old forum I have decided to celebrate some birthdays of important Confederate officers or other Confederate characters in the world of film and literature.

What better person to begin with than John Wayne! His Academy Award for portraying an ex-Confederate really made him the ideal first addition for this new concept.

I have always been a fan of the Duke since as far back as I can recall. His performances in the <i>Sands of Iwo Jima</i>, <i>Red River</i>, <i>The Searchers</i> and <i>She Wore a Yellow Ribbon</i> were all deserving of Academy Awards. He died of cancer in 1979 but conintues to rank in the Nielsen Polls list of America's favorite actors. Since the poll began in 1994 Wayne was the only actor who is deceased to ever appear on the list. On the last poll he still came in third on the list despite being dead for over thirty years!

Here's to you, John Wayne! A round of whiskey's for all my friends!

Col. Blake L. Strickler
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff
6th Bd/4th Div/IV Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 am 

Col. Strickler: While I am some-what fan of Wayne's- the films you mention were made in the 50's or before, his pictures of the last 20 years of his life were not of high quality, including True Grit. He did make some damn fine films, however, in the 40's and 50's, playing yankees in Fort Apache, Rio Grande and She Wore a Yellow ribbon, then there's Red River, the Quiet Man, The High and the Mighty, and many more. By the sixties he was riding on his legend and rightfully so but I still prefer his earlier stuff.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:50 am 
I agree, Drex, the films he made in the 60s and 70s were inferior to his earlier films. But he still had some great films in those decades. Need we recall Wayne in the films The Sons of Katie Elder, The Shootist and perhaps his finest film - The Cowboys. Any man that can watch The Cowboys and not get choked up is a man without a heart. Wayne was the original choice to play both Dirty Harry and Patton. Could you imagine Wayne as Patton! Classic. He turned down Dirty Harry simply because he felt audiences would reject seeing him as such a dark character. Taken as a whole his career is, arguably, the most remarkable of any Hollywood star.

Col. Blake L. Strickler
Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff
6th Bd/4th Div/IV Corps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 am 

I am a big fan of his work, I brought Horse Soldiers a month or so ago - great movie, action, humour, a bit of passion - had it all.[:)][:)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:54 pm 

Very nice boys, very nice, ya’ll clean up good for Westerners...now ya’ll don’t scare those nice ladies of Memphis with your 3 teeth.... [:D] Leave it to us Lova's from the East.... [:p]

Good site gents!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lieutenant General Scott Ludwig
Commanding Officer III Corps - Army of Northern Virginia

"Son only a Minie ball can dismiss me!"

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:33 pm 

Ya'll for got the Alamo, Longest Day, Sands of Iwo Jima, but his most famous movie was "The Fighting Seabees" [:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
2/2/IV AotM CSA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next