American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:28 am 

Gents Colonel Stiles and myself are running our first Southern Officers 4 day training course early next month - date to be confirmed, yanks welcome. The starting location is is a small micro brewery near Baton Rouge. The programme is as follows:

Day 1 - Southern Womanizing 101, conducted at Miss Browns Home for Displaced Young Ladies
Day 2 - Gambling 101, conducted at Miss Browns Home for Displaced Young Ladies
Day 3 - Drinking to Excess 101, conducted at Miss Browns Home for Displaced Young Ladies
Day 4 - Combo Exercise, all three at once, conducted at Miss Browns Home for Displaced Older Ladies

Price to be confirmed.

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 am 

I think I'll wait until day four. I prefer experienced ladies who show their gratitude. Shall I wear shoes or come dressed as a reb?

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:51 pm 

General McOmish <salute>

Sir, my compliments,

I'd be more than happy to sign up for day 3 of the course, providing that I can then review the day 1 activities.

In addition, I'm certain General Ringbloom's interest in the course is most appreciated. As this is a course for "Southern Officers", does this mean he is considering switching to the righteous cause? Gator Alley has not forgotten its ultimate goal of meeting Corchoran's Legion on the field of honor, however we might reconsider our quest for his colors if he has come to his senses and seen the light.

I remain your obedient servant,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 pm 
I find it amusing we have an Australian and a South African conducting a course on Southern Womanizing [:D]

All I need to know about southern guys and gals I learned from The Dukes of Hazzard back in the 80s...

Ah... Daisy Duke...

Respectfully,
Col. Blake Strickler
Commandant of VMI

Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm 

Col. Hebert,greetings Sir, but I believe it was "Yanks welcome" and I was willing to go shoeless but that is as far as I can go.
I'm not sure the "Hulinsky flag" is retrievable. First, you have to learn how to spell Corcoran.:) Then, you'll have to talk General of the Armies, Dierk Walter, into playing as he has the flag. Unfortunately, Corcoran's Legion is involved in two matches at this time and can not take on a third. One of the above must be completed. Our re-match will occur at the appropriate time.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
AotS Chief-of -Staff,
2nd Division Cmdr, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:01 pm 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Sir, my compliments!

I regret my recent inability to engage verbally, however I now have a week off from college classes and felt the need [:D]

First off, you are correct in that Yanks are welcome. I suppose I took this to imply that if you were attending the class you had a desire to become a southern gentleman, having realized the error of your misguided efforts to impose your beliefs upon those who did not share them.

My apologies for mispelling "Corcoran", and no offense was intended. Gator Alley is also involved in two MP Battles at the moment which is as much as I can handle given my schedule. One of these should be concluded soon (Gator Ambush), and we are kicking the snot out of some boys from AoC in the other (Gator Pike). We will save a space for you once "Gator Ambush" is completed. Let us know when you are feeling froggy, as I'm sure we will field a command to accomodate you.

As for the "Hulinsky Flag", your command seems to place a high opinion of it since it is in the possesion of your General of the Armies. I see the possibility of an Army-level competition to reclaim it for the greater glory of the South. With a little luck it won't favor the Yankees as much as the recent (ongoing?) "High Tide" tournament.

My highest regards,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm 

Since Col Stiles and I are from the Southern Hemisphere it would make us the most southern men in the Confederacy - so we are more than qualified.[:D][8D]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:05 pm 
I guess the Major General has a point. I look forward to the gambling courses. I suggest you gentlemen bring your gold because I plan to clean up in Texas Hold Em.

Respectfully,
Col. Blake Strickler
Commandant of VMI

Army of the Mississippi
Chief of Staff