American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:55 am 

Fellow Officers:

July was another busy month for the Cabinet:

1) Considered a proposal to change club rule 3.3.4.1.2 to include Major Generals as well as Lieutenant Generals and Generals among those eligible to vote for Chiefs of the armies. Motion was defeated by a vote of 1 ‘yes’ to 6 ‘no’.

2) Considered a proposal by General Jon Hooper and Colonel Blake Strickler to rename the Confederate “Army of the Mississippi” to the “Army of the West”. After discussion and receiving input from many other officers of the AotM, the motion was withdrawn.

3) Approved a CSA General recommendation.

4) Besides this, as you can see, we had a bit of a fright about the Mason-Dixon Tavern closing down. We've been at the old location since the founding of the club (before I even enlisted!), so moving can be a bit unsettling. The drinks are just as good at the new place, though!

Something for you all to be considering: My second term as Club President will be ending in only three months. Soon the club will be searching for that officer who is to lead us for (at least) the next two years. Any club member holding the rank of Colonel or higher is eligible. You'll be hearing more of this later, but in the meantime please give this your serious consideration.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 am 

dmallory wrote:
We've been at the old location since the founding of the club (before I even enlisted!),

Historically speaking, no ...

We moved to the previous location after a spam attack on the old boards in the summer of 2001. I joined a few months before that move, so I have a faint recollection of the old boards ... they were pretty basic in appearance, but the roleplay was fantastic back then. It's regrettable that we had no chance of saving the contents of these original boards. To read them now would be a veritable travel back in time.

3/2/VIII Army of the Shenandoah
"... and keep moving on."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 am 

D.S. Walter wrote:
dmallory wrote:
We've been at the old location since the founding of the club (before I even enlisted!),

Historically speaking, no ...

We moved to the previous location after a spam attack on the old boards in the summer of 2001. I joined a few months before that move, so I have a faint recollection of the old boards ... they were pretty basic in appearance, but the roleplay was fantastic back then. It's regrettable that we had no chance of saving the contents of these original boards. To read them now would be a veritable travel back in time.

General Walter,

Thank you for the correction. I guess there have been too many bottles of "Texas Tea" for me to remember that far back :) !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory