American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Gator Challenge
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:11 pm 
The Army of the Tennessee defeat the Army of the Mississippi, Drex? That champaign you had on New Years must have warped your sense of reality!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm 

Even though it was cheap champagne, I KNOW the AoT will kick AotM buttocks. But why am I defending the AoT? Let them enter the fray. They can speak for themselves.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 pm 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Suh, they have to show up before they can speak up. So far they've assembled a force of one, BG Elkin.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:52 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

2 MP battles have been arranged thus far between Gator Alley and forces from the AotS.

Brigadier General Tom Moore will be leading the effort against the team commanded by Lieutenant General Ambros Tremel at Corinth in the scenario "Tennessee Scrap", I believe it's called. I believe negotiations have concluded and action should be commencing shortly.

I will be leading operation "Gator Oats" against the team commanded by Lieutenant General Ned Simms at Gettysburg in the scenario "Struggle for Control". Negotiations have concluded, and action should commence in the next few days.

I will also be leading operation "Gator Bloom" against the team commanded by Major General Drex Ringbloom. The battle will occur at Gettysburg, although a scenario has yet to be determined.

I invite my AotM comrades to assemble and continue calling out the Yankee army. Reports were that Brigadier General David Klebbe was assembling a force, and spies inform me that General Meyer of the AotT was recently overheard mumbling into his drink about teaching us a lesson. The more the merrier, and what better way to commemorate the 150th aniversary of our War of Independence than giving the Yanks a taste.

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am 

General Hebert: This is an update from the forces arraying in the AotS. My force will include Gen Hodgkiss (AC) and Gen. Jeff Laub (ETC). We will meet you on the battlefield "The Struggle for Control,ver.2".
Our Third Division (Gen. Klebbe,cmdr) will field a team of three with Gen. Robert Noftz and Gen. Niall Murphy (from 2nd Div and a UMA instructor). Gen. Klebbe will negotiate a scenario with you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:33 am 

Suh, thank you for the information. We look forward to continuing our negotiations with you on a scenario at your convenience.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 am 

General Strickler <salute>

Suh, having waited about a month now with no reply from the Army of the Tennessee to field a division we submit the following requests:

1) The letter "T" be affixed to Gator Alley's battle flag signifying our conquest of Tennessee, without a shot we may add.

2) Brigadier General Elkin of the Army of the Tennessee be granted the title "Rock of the Tennessee" as he was the only member of that command we are aware of to step forward in defense of their honor.

Your obedient servant,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 am 
Sir,

Your request is hereby granted! Although... can we really "conquer" Tennessee since it is our own state? I suggest placing the AotT flag between the teeth of Nicodemus instead. Perhaps place a toothpick in his hand as well.

Kudos to Brig. Gen. Elkin! He is a fine officer and a respected friend and enemy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:10 am 

General Strickler <salute>

Suh,

As a native Tennesseean, I take exception to the Yankee's even having an army called the Army of the Tennessee. They evidently don't fight here in Tennessee, with the exception of BG Elkins, and I have seen no evidence of their intentions to fight here in Tennessee. Sir, in my state we have a long and proud tradition of meaning what we say, the so-called Army of the Tennessee has talked of forming a challenge to our much beloved AotM but see nothing of any evidence to support it. Therefore, with their refusal to fight and their failure to mean what they say, I propose that henceforward, the name of the AotT stand for the "Army of the Toothless". Their words have no bite.

Suh, be sure you spoon feed the news of the AotT name change to them, break it to them gently, as I have heard recently that they are getting a might touchy over there in Yankee land, and we wouldn't want to inflame their delicate senses......

Army of Tennessee
Commanding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm 

Fear not, Gen. Reneau, the AoT is not named after the State but the River. All the Union Armies are named after Rivers and not after the States we have conquered.:)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm 

Suh, my compliments! I can't speak directly for Brigadier General Reneau however I do not believe he is in fear of anything, particularly from the AotToohtless.

While they might have a proud name, their command has displayed almost a complete lack of pride and fighting spirit. General Meyer welcomed the entry of an officer to his command back in mid-December, claiming to the effect he was specially recruited to make our righteous cause feel good about losing. We welcomed the new officer, and then offered General Meyer an opportunity to put a division where his mouth was. No response.

We posted again the next day to clarify our challenge to any division from the AotToothless, again with no reply. Nicodemus later even visited their tavern with our challenge, again without reply. The command is sitting on its thumbs and have ignored our challenges.

The AotS, on the other hand, rose to the challenge. They have fielded no less than four teams for battle in place of the AotToothless. We are honored to be fielding teams to meet that challenge and look forward to all it has to bring; win, lose or draw. You are fighters!

Suh, in the eyes of Gator Alley there is no Yankee Army of the Tennessee. If Gator Alley or the Army of the Mississippi had been called out in the same fashion there would have been an immediate response. We have been authorized by our Army Commander to display a "T" on our battle flag, which I took the liberty of including the full name of "Tennessee" next to our victory stripe.

The AotToothless can look for a creek somewhere in Maine to be named after. They have been called out repeatedly and refused to even reply, much less fight. Tennessee is forfeited.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 pm 

Major General Ringbloom <salute>

I appreciate the explanation that the Union Army of the Tennessee is named for the river. But sir that mantel is still a misnomer and an injustice........Having lived here all my life I have have never known the broad and mighty waters of the Tennessee River to run backwards........

Army of Tennessee
Commanding