American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Gator Challenge
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:50 pm 

General Hebert

You want to know why you have wait 2 weeks for a union response? It was christmas, and all my men, soldiers and officers celebrate this holy day with their familys. But now, in the beginning of a new year the VI.Corps is ready to start a MP-Game against a Corps in the AotM. Tell me who of your guys will fight, and my men will do it in HPS Gettysburg or HPS Corinth, every scenario you want.

Regards
Ambros
Lt Gen VI.Corps AoS

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:17 pm 

Gen. Tremel will bring the might of his VI Corps down upon the AotM for their irreverent speech and meaningless slanders! As for Mssr Ravenel(Gen.Reneau) , Sir, be careful what you ask for.....and make ready to reap what you have planted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:34 pm 

General Tremel <salute>

Suh, my compliments to you and the men of the AotS! Our original challenge was for a division from the AotT, who have yet to reply as a command. Once the challenge was expanded to any division of the Yankee Army it took only a couple of days for replies to begin arriving from officers of the AotS. In that we have no argument with you or your command.

I do not have the authority as a mere division commander in the fine Army of the Mississippi to muster up an entire corps, however we are honored that you feel it requires an entire corps to deal with us. If I might, how many officers are you prepared to put forward? This information will allow me to determine what offers we may wish to make in arranging this contest. Five officers in my division have HPS Gettysburg, with three also owning HPS Corinth.

Suh, you can expect a rider from my HQ in the near future. Prepare to defend yourself.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:54 pm 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Suh, my compliments! We would not sow anything we did not intend to cut down to the stalk. If you will excuse me now, I have operations against a division of VIII Corps and the entire VI Corps to prepare for. If we're not careful, one of them might escape.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 pm 

Gen. Hebert: Do I infer from your reply that only your Division can fight for the South? Are the other commands so bereft of honor and resolve that they would refuse your request for reinforcements? Besides the advance of 1/VIII/AotS to the battlefield and the approach of the VI Corps command staff,The VIII Corps of the AotS will also field a command made up of its Army Commander, myself and at least one Brigade commander (Robert Noftz) to do battle. Sir, you have opened the floodwaters and the terrible swift sword of retribution is crashing down. Gird yourself for battle and bring the others or plea for clemency and nevermore dispoil the name of the Union Army.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:27 pm 

Suh, you can infer from my reply that Gator Alley is prepared to fight. If your show of force was intended to back us down, it has failed. We are on point at the moment and will do our duty. My superiors will determine what additional forces might be required.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 pm 

General Hebert

You want to know, who of my Corps is coming? 1th Division, Brig Gen Denney and 4th Division LtGen Blackburn are on the way now. Messager are also on the way by the 2nd and 3rd Division of the VI.Corps.
If I know my men, I would say: We are 4 playing opponents against you + myself as commanding the VI.Corps and organizing strategy and so on...
Regards
Ambros
Lt Gen VI.Corps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:35 pm 

General Tremel <salute>

Suh, my compliments! Our appreciation for your report on the composition of your team, I am sure is comprised of excellent officers. We are still evaluating how we will allocate our forces, however you can expect negotiations to commence soon.

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:29 am 

As for the missing images, I assume some blackguard from the rebel General Staff erased them!

I thought we kicked you around in the Western Thunder battles?

All right, I guess I will just have to take on somebody from the rebel Army at Atlanta or Chickamauga.

I await your second to arrange the details.

Brig General Elkin
Horse Artillery/3rd Div/(2nd Cav)/XVI Corps
AotT

(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 am 
Gen. Hebert needs no reinforcements, sirs! Quite the contrary... I may pull Gen. Moore's Brigade out and send them on a furlough as I suspect they will not be needed much. Any Reb Division in the finest Army of the Confederacy can whip 5 times its number on the field of battle, sirs!

If you'd like proof of this I suggest you call upon one of the following division commanders: Mark Davis, Hampus Drott or Stewart Stiles. Any of them would be glad to bring their men on to the field of battle for a quick demonstration of Southern Superiority.

Long Live the Army of the Mississippi!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 pm 

General Strickler <salute>

Suh, Gator Alley is deploying to meet the threat from the AotS and I believe we have sufficient forces to handle the threat. The three wings present a formidable force, however we are steeled in our resolve and prepared to send them to their maker. I querried a commander whether gators made a "hoorah" sound, and he replied they make a "chomp".

General Elkin, I must apologize. A single brigade of the AotT is no threat at the moment, however gather up a few more of your poor souls and I'm sure the Army of the Mississippi will find you a huckleberry. I must admit, however, that those are some fine mounts. Nicodemus may come looking for them sometime

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:05 am 

General Hebert: I have just been contacted by my Third Division Commander, Gen. David Klebbe, that they are getting a team together. He will contact you on this board but I wanted to forewarn you. These guys will be tough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:07 pm 

Suh, as always it is a pleasure to hear from you! When we called out a division of the Army of the Tennessee, were we picking on someone's kid brother?

I am quite impressed with the fighting spirit of the Army of the Shenandoah. Do you anticipate any additional forces to mobilize, or can we stop planning at 4 wings?

My regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm 

Actually. Sir, I have invited all the Armies of the Union. I'm afraid I had too much champagne on New Year's Eve and things got out of hand but perhaps it will quiet down some now. However, I can't see the AoT passing over a chance to spank the AotM.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:18 pm 

Suh, keep 'em coming. They'll be stacked up like cordwood when the dust settles :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary