American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: remote control in turn
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 pm 

Gents, I really wish that this problem would stop.....maybe I need a new computer.....I delete the xxx and yyy files......game will play the replay....replay will end.then the turn goes into remote control....can't move a thing..Is it me doing something wrong or is it from the person who sent me the file.....This is quiet enoying when you can't get a turn to work.....went years without any problems....now allof a sudden the last few months been dealing with this and error writing battle files......Nothing will get my goat is when after a 30 min movement with fire turn...go to mellee and this message appears....Knowing that I have to start all over after I clean everything.......Any solutions beside cheap drugs and alcohol.....

Gen John Dragan

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:04 am 

Have you checked that your opponent is deleting the .xxx and .yyy files too? Other than that I think the Bourbon is a the best solution.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm 

Usually this is caused by either a corrupt file or using different versions of the game. Both of you verify using the "About" menu item that you are using the same version.

If its a corrupt file you have to back up to a turn that wasn't corrupted and restart the game there. Sometimes it will fix itself if you can get the game to complete by skipping the replay. Then deleting the xxx/yyy files on both sides may let the game recover.

If you aren't using zip files to transfer your move you should. Generally small scenarios have no problems with emailing original files but large files tend to get their tail clipped unless zipped.

If games keep getting this problem it is time to uninstall and reinstall the game and updates. If you do this be sure to go in an manually delete the folder the game was in after uninstalling to make sure all files are removed.

If none of this works take advantage of HPS support. Send a copy of the game along with passwords if protected so they can take a look at it.

Good luck