American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:31 am 

Gentlemen!

Within the last week I installed HPS Chickamauga on my comp. (Vista Home OS)

I uploaded the most recent update and opened the Game to refresh my memory regarding the mechanics of the game.

I have since entered into a short PBEM scenario and hit a snag!!!!

When I play my turn and advance to the point where my opponent's turn begins, I open my e-mail and click attach file . . . . the turn just played cannot be found!?!?! It's nothing to do with the e-mail prog - as when I open Windows explorer - The file is NOT Present in the Chickamauga files. If I go through the game 'selection' option in the Chickamauga 'File' section of the Tool Bar . . . . the scenario opens with " Do you wish to view the Union movement " situation (my opponents view of my previous turn). This indicates to me that the game can 'see' and open the file I have just played . . . . but my computer will NOT show me the .bte file.

What gives Gents? Have I ticked an incorrect box somewhere? Or has the Chickamauga game installed incorrectly?

OR WHAT?

Any advice or suggestions will be gobbled up with extreme gratitude and topped with Maple Syrup 'n' Cream!!! :mrgreen:

Pat.

AoG

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 pm 

I imagine that there has tohave been an incorrect box ticked somewhere along the line. I'm basing that on that you can open the file within the program and see the replay etc... the program I don't think has the ability to see and play any save game file (bte, or spf, or I think hotseat uses a slightly different file name), unless it is within that folder, I think one would get the famous "error reading file" message if one tried opening up a file where the program was unable to look (leastwise I know that it does that with the graphics' files).

I don't think that it is possible for a bte file to be saved anywhere if using the autosave feature. If one does it manually, I suppose it could be saved anywhere on the computer, in theory.

Ok, so where is it? Best bet is go under your Start button (for Vista) and run a search for: *.bte and you'll find out where it went to.

Anyways, if that isn't it - best bet would be to coordinate with Rich Hamilton at: Support@johntillersoftware.com it will get sorted there, sir.

~ST

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am 

Pat:

It is a problem know with Vista. Check out:
http://www.hpssims.com/vistahelp.htm

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."