American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 pm 

I am sure those of you in the USA with an interest in the American Civil War have a lot of artifacts yourselves. Bullets etc. are rather common I guess.

But for a Swede like me, living in Sweden, I am pretty proud to own my own little collection :).

Here is a picture of what I got: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/imgp0194g.jpg/

You can click on the image to enlarge.

Now I know it might look little, but I am still proud of it. I am also aware that some of it might be fake, but to be honest, I still feel it is real, and I am pretty sure that these are so common that there are no reason for it to be fake.

The relics aren't in any order here on the picture, but they come from several battle locations and/or camps according to the sellers. I have no proof of that but I still like to believe it's true and I have divided them into that. They were not bought as a whole, I have bought a small collection every now and then on Ebay when I could. Sometimes just a bullet or two, sometimes a collection of more items.

Anyway, just thought I 'd share it with you, might be cool to know that American History survives in Sweden also :).

1st Division, Vth Corps
AotP, Union Army

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am 

That's an impressive collection Lucas. I bet it's larger than many in the US. And, until proved otherwise, they should be considered authentic.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:04 am 
We send you some old bullets and you send us Ann-Margret and Greta Garbo? Thats a dang good trade on our part! If you have any more models who would like to come over the pond I am sure something could be arranged :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 am 

Blake: What about Mai Britt and Ingrid Bergman or I guess I'm going back before your time.:)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:51 am 

Ooohh, Ingrid Bergman was some kind of hot!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:25 pm 
Ingrid Bergman was a knockout - especially in Casablanca. Mai Britt is a name I dont recognize though.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:15 pm 

Mai Britt starred in films in the 50's before she married Sammy Davis Jr. and left films in 1960. She was in "The Young Lions". Another Swedish bombshell was Anita Ekberg, a favorite of Fellini.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:50 pm 
Okay, now I know who your talking about!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:06 am 
Lucas Kling wrote:
I am sure those of you in the USA with an interest in the American Civil War have a lot of artifacts yourselves. Bullets etc. are rather common I guess.

But for a Swede like me, living in Sweden, I am pretty proud to own my own little collection :).

Here is a picture of what I got: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/imgp0194g.jpg/

Now I know it might look little, but I am still proud of it. I am also aware that some of it might be fake, but to be honest, I still feel it is real, and I am pretty sure that these are so common that there are no reason for it to be fake.

The relics aren't in any order here on the picture, but they come from several battle locations and/or camps according to the sellers. I have no proof of that but I still like to believe it's true and I have divided them into that. They were not bought as a whole, I have bought a small collection every now and then on Ebay when I could. Sometimes just a bullet or two, sometimes a collection of more items.

Anyway, just thought I 'd share it with you, might be cool to know that American History survives in Sweden also :).

Good to see another swede in this club! We are far to few here I think.

And it was really a nice collection you had the Lucas! Impressive I must say.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:00 pm 

Hampi wrote:
Lucas Kling wrote:

Good to see another swede in this club! We are far to few here I think.

And it was really a nice collection you had the Lucas! Impressive I must say.

Thank you Major General Drott!

Very nice indeed to meet another Swede here!

1st Division, Vth Corps
AotP, Union Army