American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kindle Users?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:04 am 

Are there many Kindle users around? I've been using one for about a year and a half now and love it. The reason I bring this up is that now you can loan Kindle books amongst users I was curious if there were some folks around who might be interested in swapping Civil War titles. Haven't tried it yet but since is available I thought I would see if there were any like minded folks on the board who wouldn't mind sharing. They can only be loaned once and for only 14 days and not all books are available to be loaned. You also don't necessarily need a Kindle to read them as you can download an app for your Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, PC, Mac, or Android.

Union Military Academy Instructor

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Kindle Users?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm 

I use Kindle on my home PC and on my smartphone.

BG Elkin-commander
3rd Div/(2nd Cav)/XVIth Corp AotT

PS-I don't have much in the way of Civil War books on the Kindle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:27 pm 

I have some public domain civil war books on the Kindle. I converted them from places like Project Guttenberg. I have Sheridan's Memoirs, not sure what else. I like paper books for Civil War.....easier to reference.

Are you interested in WWII books? I have a kindle book that they offered for free for a week. It is now like $5 to buy. It is on the German invasion of Norway. I have not finished it yet, though.

First Brigade/Second Division/I Corps

Webmaster of the Official Civil War Talk Radio website, Impediments of War; A Compendium of Civil War Talk Radio at http://www.impedimentsofwar.org/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:33 pm 

MarkGaff wrote:
I have some public domain civil war books on the Kindle. I converted them from places like Project Guttenberg. I have Sheridan's Memoirs, not sure what else. I like paper books for Civil War.....easier to reference.

Are you interested in WWII books? I have a kindle book that they offered for free for a week. It is now like $5 to buy. It is on the German invasion of Norway. I have not finished it yet, though.

I picked that one when it was free but haven't even started it yet. If you like WWII books I picked up a couple on sale (ends Wednesday), one is the journals of a German soldier who was an anti-tank soldier in the 299th Infantry on the Russian Front and another a German mortar man on the Russian Front around Leningrad. For Civil War books if you look you can find lots of free of $0.99 books. I've picked up a couple of memoirs of ACW soldiers that way. I just finished Servants of the Wind by John Ferry and it was an excellent read for anyone who is interested. I'd highly recommend it for seeing how the average soldier lived.

Union Military Academy Instructor