American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:31 am 

As most of you know the Old Banshee team of James Wilkes, Rick DeNicolo, Bill Lott, Richard Simonitch and myself have spent hours and hours modding the graphics for the HPS titles we have done so for our own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of the gamers out there. Now while we do not seek praise or gratification for our work it is nice to get it every now and then and when that praise means that a fellow gamer has purchased a HPS game because of our work makes it all the more worthwhile.( See email below.)
I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Tiller and HPS for creating these games for us and look forward to the day the games are unlocked so we an really let loose with the graphics.

I just had to include the following email I recieved.

I enjoy the Battleground series of games John Tiller and had been considering trying one of his HPS Civil War games but was put off by the crude graphics, which appear to be a major step backward from the Battleground graphics. I was intrigued by a Peninsula campaign in a computer game format, given the fluid nature of that campaign with its series of attacks and counterattacks on both sides and Lee's baptism by fire as commander of the Army of Northern Virginia. Your graphics package finalized my decision to buy the game, which was why I was so adamant about being able to use your graphics for the game and why I am so appreciative of the technical assistance of you and Jim.

Jim showed me some other mods for the 2D and 3D units and maps. When I showed my 13-year-old son the game in its new modded format, he said, "The creators of those mods need to be included in the game credits." They certainly make the game more colorful, the unit information more clear, and the game more fun.

Army of the Tennessee.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:37 am 

Your work does indeed massively improve the games' looks, and their fun value.
Well done to you all and thank you for the hours upon hours spent working on each release!
Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:05 am 

Thank you for the time and effort put into this, I recently joined ACWGC with the HPS Antietnam game, and have already ordered both HPS Gettysburg and Shiloh.

I Corps.
Army of the Potomac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:23 am 

Yes these new graphics breathe new life into the HPS games but it thrills me more to see that it attracts new members to our group. This is a double bonus for the ACWGC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:53 am 

It’s plain to see that what you guys have created is truly a labor of love and has increased the enjoyment of playing the games for many members, hearing it has garnered new interest in the HPS games is a real bonus!

<salute>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:33 pm 

General Mullins and his team are shining examples of individuals voluntarily contributing to the added enjoyment of everyone. If you've not taken the trouble to download and incorporate the graphical packages that they've produced up to this point, you're missing a real, visual treat in your game play. With word of their work having gone outside of the club and drawing people's attention, it's a testament to the work's excellent quality and popularity.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:12 pm 

All I can do is add my thanks to the OB Team. The enhanced graphic artwork certainly adds to my enjoyment of the games. What a bonus that new players are attracted by it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm 

I add my kudos to all listed. Having developed some graphics for 2D terrain features a few years ago, I can appreciate the time and effort needed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:45 am 

The Graphics packages put out by the OB Team really take the games to a new level.
Many thanks to the Team at OB for the hours of labour, your efforts are certainly appreciated.
On top of that to be bringing in new people to the Community is testimony to the Quality of your work.

Col. Grant C. Davey
"The Elephant Brigade"
6th Artillery Battery,
3rd Div, II Corps,
AotM,

"Suh! we have met in Battle, and you Suh!" "Have Seen The Elephant"