American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:23 am 

CSA Western Theater – Junior Officers Ball

Due to certain officers out east casting dispersions upon the western officer’s social prowess, it has been decided by those in the highest authority in the Western Theater – ME, to have a Junior Officers Ball. It will be our chance to show the eastern doubters that we in the west have plenty of social grace and skills. It will also be a good chance for all the new officers to get to know each other and to meet some fine southern ladies/girls.

The evening will be chaperoned by General Blake Strickler, General Vern Pinkham and myself. Major General Mark Davis will be in charge of the evening’s entertainment. General Willie Tisdale – the Chief of the Armies of the Confederacy will be the guest of honour . The staff officers from the Vicksburg Military Institute will also be present to undertake assessment of their training effectiveness.

Western Theater Junior Officers Ball – Western Theater Special Order 0028

Date: 21st October 1862
Time: 1830hrs for 1900hrs
Dress: Full mess dress with swords – miniature medals for those that have them
Rank: Officers of Lieutenant Colonel rank or less - more senior officers only by specific invitation

Order of events:

1830 - 1900hrs pre function drinks, meet and greet
1900 – 2100hrs – dancing – the band for this section will be ZZ Top
2100 – 2200hrs – A light supper – provided by the CSA Women Home Baking Division
2200hrs - until late – dancing – the band for this section will be AC/DC (a good Australian band)
0900 -1200hrs 22nd October – Staff Officers debrief at Miss’s Miggins Wine Bar, Pie Shop and Bordello

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
1. No guns in the ball room
2. No proposals of marriage unless sober or approved by Major General Davis
3. Any western theater Yanks to be in civilian clothes – no point in starting any fighting to early
4. No line dancing before 2200hrs
5. No ferrets are to be brought into the ball room until after 0100hrs
6. No lady is to have a dress which shows more than 1 inch of ankle – General Strickler will be the adjudicator and his word is final - ladies must be made aware that the General may have to measure any suspect displays of ankle
7. Excessive drinking to be undertaken by officers of Colonel rank or higher – remember they have been trained
8. No crude jokes or language, unless it is at the expense of our eastern brethren

By Order of:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:40 pm 

General McOmish <salute>

Suh, my compliments! Nicodemus offers his services should some muscle be needed to enforce the rules of engagement. Those Yanks are awfully fond of their ferrets.

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:22 pm 

Well done General Hebert - we do need some muscle on the door. So please do send Nicodemus over to the town hall and no ferrets shall pass :shock: :shock:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 pm 

Good Evening General Mc Omish,

As one of the most junior of junior officers, I will be sure to attend this event. Besides, where else in this vast frontier can you have a ladies company without a few dollars or a bushel of corn? Count me in, Sir!

Fld Lt Michael Chandler Jr

2nd "Stewart's" Corps
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 am 

Genl McOmish <Salute>,

Mrs. Webb and I will be most happy to attend, provided, of course, the yankees don't elect to advance on my front at the time. Looking forward to meeting our new officers.

Your obt. servant

> "Gator Alley"

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler !!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 am 

It just so happens I will be in Vicksburg on 21st! What a stroke of luck. Can I come?
I will bring some of our Hooters Zouaves from the East to assist with the waiting at table!
You will note that because of the shortages that we experience due to the Yank blockade we have come up with a very cost-effective uniform. We find that this regiment really distracts the Yanks. It confuses them immensely and absorbs their attention whist we creep up and surround them. You Western Boys must try it.

By the way it is Trafalgar Day on the 21st too! Can you picture Trafalgar on the Mississippi! The Lion of the West (Gen McOmish) as the Reb Nelson. He has an eye patch already but last time I looked he had both arms!
THE LION OF THE WEST (Gen McOmish)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:51 pm 

Sir...Might i be able to tag along.....I promise to Bring proper Women. My Mother and Sister have most Graciously accepted to come along with me...if you have No objections.....

I'm being from ANV ....Being From the Eastern Theatre...

They are willing to display their Fine Collection of Dolls if needed....

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 am 

My compliments Lt Hawkins

I am sure these Western lads won't have any objection if you come along as my adjutant.
Your Mother and Sister look like very nice ladies and just the type of company that Generals Strickler and McOmish like to meet.
The dolls are a good idea too, but, Gen Strickler doesn't know his doilie from his doll!. Check out viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16915 and you will see what I mean.

Lt Hawkins aren't you related to the famous English admiral JohnHawkins who was involved in the defeat of the Armada?
This is really coming together what with Nelson "Lion of the West" McOmish and you those Yank gunboats on the Mississippi better look out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 am 

Maj Gen Stewart ,
Why yes I am...of the house of Sir John Hawkins.....I did not want to bring it up for Fear of any Favoritism...I want to make it up to the Ranks on my own Achievements. Presently i've been in correspodents with my Realatives over the pond....hopeing to bring the opinion of "Our Cause"......to their Country men's ears....and over to Our Side...
I will inform my sister to prepare a Class on the difference's of Dolls...and how in "No Way Shape or Form"....they should be confused with doilie.

Doll.....Image

If the Good Gen Strickler would like to make a Doilie such as this one Image
For one of my Sisters Dolls...she has No Objections Sir....

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:33 pm 

You will pardon my interruption to the planning of such a fine event, but I do have a favor to ask of you. Below you will see the photo of one, Grace Huntington, a bewildering young, Rebel lady who suddenly and quite unexpectedly attached herself to my staff last April when I passed through Nashville. She claimed to be strongly attracted to men of military bearing and comportment no matter their persuasion and could not be dissuaded from her yearnings no matter what tactic I employed.

I have attempted to send her away by various ploys, but she has always turned back up in my Headquarters at the most disquieting times. To threats of imprisonment and incarceration she is oblivious, nor can I break her of her bizarre and worrisome habit of sitting under dangerously tilted large mirrors! She claims that doing so calms her cravings for tobacco, although I've never seen her smoke or chew. She's also in the habit of stealing small items of mine and doing odd things with them. Just last week she appeared for dinner with my old red socks braided into her hair! And as you can see from the photo, she's sewn the fringes of my command flag into her dress.

Such habits are very disconcerting for me, to say the least. However, she has recently seen one of your flyers for the Junior Officers Ball and announced to me that she'd very much like to attend. I would gladly bring her myself, along with all of her trunks and mirrors, if I thought Nicodemus would allow it. But I've no wish get near that thing!

Grace is actually a simple but pleasant sort of girl, fond of cards and pulling a cork from time to time. She would make a fine wife for any Southern cavalier! If you could send a carriage I'm certain that she would readily bid me adieu and be on her way. She has lately been eyeing the gold cords of my new hat.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
Grace Huntington? Isnt she the girl who brought the paternity suit against... :shock: ... Nicodemus :?:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 pm 

Well Sir,
If Ms .Huntington doesnt mind being Watched over by my personnal Servant Gunter..from Bavaria....(loan to me by a Sympathetic Follower to the Southern Cause)...I would have no objection's myself. If of course our Host doesn't object or my Superior. Mind you Sir there is a problem with the awkward mirror issue ....... For Gunter is only 3 '2" tall.....and can not jump so high as to protect the fair Ms.Huntington or even subdue her if need be...... He may Look tiny Sir ...but he has the Courage of a Lion Sir!

If we have your Word that she will be a Lady.......Then i for one Vote Yes!

Gunter 2 days ago ....

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 pm 

CSA Western Theater Ball – Update

Due some grumblings in the staff officer ranks (and I will find out who) the ball invitation list has been expanded to include all Western Theater Staff Officers. However Sir’s I shall be watching you all and any staff officer who cannot hold his liquor until after 1 am shall be shipped east.

For any eastern officer dandies who attempt to gate crash Nicodemus has been told to bite first and if still alive ask questions - brutal I know, but we have standards

I would also like to thank General Meyer and Lt Hawkins for their offers of ladies and dolls ( I could write something risqué, but I am a southern gent), but we out west never want for the company of fine women, from both north and south of the Maison Dixie Line. It is tough being a dashing officer from the west, but someone in this damn civil war has to get all the chicks :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm 

General Stiles has alluded to my Naval prowess, so if I may inform you all - Gents after many years of loose living in the Navy I attained my Iron Clad skippers ticket in 1861. So for any budding Yankee or Eastern Dandy sailor who wants to come out an play on Trafalgar Day I have the CSS Alabama all steamed up, the rum on standby, all cannons loaded for bear and my brass eye patch his been polished to reflect the sun.

As I say to Mrs Miggin’s (The madam of Vicksburg’s finest bordello) –“ Standby to be boarded” oh arrrrr :twisted: :twisted:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:04 pm 

Gentlemen: That was NAVEL prowess!

That is entirely a different set of abilities! Just ask Mrs. Miggins. :mrgreen:

ACWGC Records Site Admin