ACWGC
* ACWGC     * Dpt. of Records       * CSA HQ    * VMI    * Join CSA    
   * Union HQ    * UMA    * Join Union     ACWGC Memorial
CSA Armies:    ANV    AotW
Union Armies:    AotT     AotC      AotP      AotS     Union Army Forums
     Link Express
American Civil War Books, Magazines and Games for sale (See other items)
Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:48 pm
Posts: 433
Location: In the saddle
Dirk Gross wrote:
The patches are available here: http://www.acwgc.org/acwco/patches.asp

I think anyone that plays them uses the 32-bit versions. I run the 32-bit patched originals in an XP virtual machine (Oracle Virtualbox) in Windows 7. Virtualbox is free: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads


thank you

_________________
Lt. Gen. C. N. Matthews
Pickett's Infantry Division, I Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia, CSA


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 4:51 pm
Posts: 2809
Location: Massachusetts, USA
You can find the PATCHES to the original games at: http://www.acwgc.org/acwco/patches.asp as stated above.

BUT, for each GAME follow the directions given for the games. You MUST place the upgrade ZIP file in your MAIN game folder for each game AND then unzip it. The "General Patches for BG Series Games" updates MUST be run BEFORE the 32 bit Tiller upgrades.

After the General Patches have been completed, then download the 32 bit PATCHES INTO your GAME folders and then run the file (unzip).

The steps are important for the games to run correctly.

As you are using an XP computer, you should not have any problems with the games.

_________________
General Ernie Sands
President ACWGC -Sept 2015
Western Theater, Commander, USA
Image
Image
ACWGC Records Site Admin


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:48 pm
Posts: 433
Location: In the saddle
Ernie Sands wrote:
You can find the PATCHES to the original games at: http://www.acwgc.org/acwco/patches.asp as stated above.

BUT, for each GAME follow the directions given for the games. You MUST place the upgrade ZIP file in your MAIN game folder for each game AND then unzip it. The "General Patches for BG Series Games" updates MUST be run BEFORE the 32 bit Tiller upgrades.

After the General Patches have been completed, then download the 32 bit PATCHES INTO your GAME folders and then run the file (unzip).

The steps are important for the games to run correctly.

As you are using an XP computer, you should not have any problems with the games.



ok........

they all run as is .........except Chickamuga.

I plan on limiting my PBM gaming to just the HPS versions I currently own.

thank you for your time and effort.

_________________
Lt. Gen. C. N. Matthews
Pickett's Infantry Division, I Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia, CSA


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2001 4:51 pm
Posts: 2809
Location: Massachusetts, USA
What is the problem with Chickamauga? As the others work, that should also.

_________________
General Ernie Sands
President ACWGC -Sept 2015
Western Theater, Commander, USA
Image
Image
ACWGC Records Site Admin


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:48 pm
Posts: 433
Location: In the saddle
Ernie Sands wrote:
What is the problem with Chickamauga? As the others work, that should also.


would not load.

I bought the HPS version.........I am all set.

_________________
Lt. Gen. C. N. Matthews
Pickett's Infantry Division, I Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia, CSA


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:29 pm
Posts: 191
Location: USA
I simply copied the Talonsoft BG Chickamauga folder from the CD to the hard drive, replaced the bg.exe file, and then selected BGstart and it runs. I'm sure you can do the same thing - the game doesn't need to be "installed". If you want to try it again I can send you the fixed bg.exe file you can use. This file corrected the Safedisk problem of the original file that was incompatible with XP and later. PM me your email address if you want me to send you the file.

_________________
General Dirk Gross
3/1/XIV
Army of the Cumberland


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: HAVE the REBELS finally SURRENDERED!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:48 pm
Posts: 433
Location: In the saddle
Dirk Gross wrote:
I simply copied the Talonsoft BG Chickamauga folder from the CD to the hard drive, replaced the bg.exe file, and then selected BGstart and it runs. I'm sure you can do the same thing - the game doesn't need to be "installed". If you want to try it again I can send you the fixed bg.exe file you can use. This file corrected the Safedisk problem of the original file that was incompatible with XP and later. PM me your email address if you want me to send you the file.


thanks for the info............I really appreciate how so many guys have come forward to help.

as I mentioned in earlier posts...........I purchased new HPS versions of my old favorites..........Chickamauga included and I am happy with those games. I only mentioned in passing that TS Chickamauga would not load.

thanks again to all who responded with comments and help

_________________
Lt. Gen. C. N. Matthews
Pickett's Infantry Division, I Corps,
Army of Northern Virginia, CSA


Top
 Profile Send private message E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: