American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: CoA HQ Staff Awards
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 am 

Officers and men of the Armies of the Confederacy <salute>

The retiring Chief of the Armies of the Confederacy, General Willie Tisdale, wishes to recognize the contribution the following officers have made both to the Confederacy and to the operation of the Headquarters of the Armies of the Confederacy; These officers have all served long terms on the staff of the CoA, with not a lot of formal recognition, so each officer is now to be duly rewarded

Major General Jim Garner – retired Chief of Staff, is awarded the following medals, for faithful service, dedication to our cause

the Patrick Cleburne Medal of Service Image the Samuel Cooper Medal of Service, Image
the Richard S. Ewell Medal of Service Image and the James Longstreet Medal of Recognition Image

General Nick Kunz – the Chief Engineer and Commandant of the Vicksburg Military Institute is awarded the following medals for the many hours of hard work and dedication to the cause and our club

His third Patrick Cleburne Medal of Service,Image his second Samuel Cooper Medal of Service, Image

his third Richard S. Ewell Medal of Service, Imagethe James Longstreet Medal of Recognition Image

and his fifth Vicksburg Military Institute Distinguished Service AwardImage

General Robert Weir – Commander of the Eastern Theater of the Confederacy is awarded the following medals for the strong contribution he has made to the successful running of the Eastern Theater of the Confederacy and to our club

The Patrick Cleburne Medal of Service, Imagehis third Samuel Cooper Medal of Service, Image

his third Richard S. Ewell Medal of Service, Image the James Longstreet Medal of Recognition Image

and his second Jefferson Davis Medal of Recognition Image

General Kennon Whitehead
– Commandant of the CSA War Collage is awarded the following medals for the strong contribution he has made to the battle success of the Confederacy and to the running of our club

His first Patrick Cleburne Medal of Service, Image his second Samuel Cooper Medal of Service, Image

his forth Richard S. Ewell Medal of Service Image and the James Longstreet Medal of Recognition Image

Well done Suhs!!!!

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: CoA HQ Staff Awards
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 pm 

Generals
A salute from the Army of Northern Virginia!
Well deserved gentlemen. We thank you for all your efforts on our behalf.
Long live the Confederacy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:58 pm 

Well, if I'm going to have to do some serious, reclamation drinking today, I guess it would be only fitting to do it with staff officers! These are the guys who really know how to drink, because they're usually driven to it each day!

You can always spot a good staff officer, because he almost always carries two canteens, or one over-sized one. Take a look at this baby I carry around! Had it made special in Cincinnati...has two separate parts to it, one for the hard stuff and the other for the kicker. Darn near had it shot out of my hand the other day! THAT would have been TERRIBLE. :shock:

Yup! Show me a dirty keyboard, and I'll show you a hard working staff officer. Those guys need all the attention you can give 'em, otherwise they'll eventually wander off into the woods babbling to themselves about being underappreciated! Show me a former staffer who's not been properly awarded and I'll show you the empty, sodden husk of what was once a fine, enthusiastic officer! Sometimes they do step back in on the administrative side of things, but most times they're harder to pry out of their brigade once they get back there than a Pennsyltucky tick!

Well, at least it's good to see these staffers getting some recognition, even though they're wearing the wrong color uniforms. But they're all also smart fellas who're bound to eventually discover the error of their ways, wait for an opportunity to cross over the lines and then become Union staffers! The benefits far outwiegh anything the CSA can offer; they get double whiskey rations every other hour, and the Standing Orders provide for a blanket to be thrown over them wherever and whenever they pass out and fall to the ground!

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 pm