American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm 

It has been quite a length of time since a new ACW title has been released by either HPS and/or Tiller's software group. This is especially intense since it doesn't take too much imagination to realize that the Shenandoah campaigns, and the 1864 Overland Campaign are the main remaining subjects out there.

Would it be too much to ask for some kind of official statement from a knowledgeable party, as to what the status of things are? I ask this with all politeness, respect, and deference . . . But if we're waiting for something which will never happen----let us know. If things will be delayed until next year----let us know. If there's a good possibility that a new title may be out this year----let us know.

We've been very loyal, and surprisingly patient under the circumstances, so I don't think some kind of statement from "those in the know" would be illegal or ill-advised or bad business or any number of things. I think we deserve some indication. Most of us play these games a lot, and have invested a goodly sum of money in the products we support and enjoy.

Thank you very much . . . How about it?

V Corps/AOP/USA

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am 

Wasn't there an earlier post that said Tiller was working on several new campaigns? Or is that just one of my crazy dreams?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm 

I noticed this posted on the HPS forums from March 14th, you can take a look at: http://hpssims.com.c7.previewyoursite.c ... php?t=5011

Its mid March in Chicago so its time to ask...
1. Any solid news on the next CW release?
2. Is there a place to go to find out whats going on with JT's games? His site is never updated. While board gamers have CONSIM & Boardgame Geek, where can a JT fan migrate for information?
Not sure what you mean by never updated, but it does get info when there's something new released, etc. There's purposefully never info posted about works in progress so people don't get frustrated by the very long development times & delays.

Wargamer, The Blitz & GameSquad all have somewhat active forums. Then there's the clubs, ACWGC specifically for the ACW games - index.php

Looking at possibly making a more formal tie in of these forums to the SDC too - which might boost traffic a bit.

Anyway, to your question - we are putting the finishing touches on a new ACW title, so you will see it this year - when exactly I can't tell you however! :-)

Board Moderator
Tiller/HPS Scenario Designer

So it sounds like a new ACW title will be released this year. What title and when, that is the big question.

Iron Horse Cavalry Division / I Corps / AoG

VMI Class of 2012

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 pm 

Ditto 8)