American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm 

Parade Shun!!

The parade will form for the march past, the Army of Northern Virginia leading followed by the Army of Georgia. General R.A. Weir will take the salute!!

Parade Right Turn!! – by the right quick march!!

(After a damn fine march past the armies are now back on parade)

Parade at ease!!

Officers and gentlemen of the fine armies of the east I wish to take this opportunity to thank General Weir for not only stepping up when called to lead the Confederate Armies of the East, but also for staying on an extra year until the CSA Personnel Department could find a suitable replacement. His steady hand has kept our eastern armies on the road to final victory.

Many thanks Bob <salute>

For his services to Confederacy as the Commander of the Eastern Theater I now present General Weir the following awards: His fourth Richard S. Ewell Medal of Service and his second Patrick Cleburne Medal of Service

Image Image

I would like to now welcome General Blake Strickler as the new Commander of the Eastern Theater. I have every faith that General Strickler will lead our eastern armies to the final victory before Washington.

Parade Shun!!

The parade will form for the march past, the Army of Georgia leading followed by the Army of Northern Virginia. General Blake Strickler will take the salute!!

Parade Right Turn!! – by the right quick march!!

(After a damn fine march past the armies are now back on parade)

March off the officers!!

Parade Dismissed!!

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:51 pm 
Huzzah for Gen. Weir!

It is an honor to continue to carry the HQ Flag of the ET!

<SALUTE>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 pm 
I am going to bump this topic because Bob Weir spent the last five years (I think) as ETCO and although he would never say ask for any credit or expect any I think he deserves a bigger thank you from the Club than to have his farewell simply be lost in the shuffle of election week. He also served as the CSA Cabinet Secretary for four years of that time.

Hopefully a few people will acknowledge his contributions rather than allowing other issues to overshadow his hard work and contributions over so many years.

Bob is now taking over the III Corps of the AoG. <SALUTE>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

My highest compliments!

General Blake <salute> It has been an honor to serve with you in the Army of the Mississippi. I wish you well in your new command and look forward to seeing you should General Garner ever allocate funds for our senior officers to travel to Richmond for consultations.

General Weir <salute> Your commitment to the Confederate States Army and the ACWGC is well known and highly appreciated. All the best in your new command, and thank you for your service to the cause.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 am 

Thanks for the bump Gen. Blake,

One would hope that I may garner a tad more visitors at my wake than this TC retirement party has been able to rustle up :shock: ...MacArthur was right, just fade away.

First let me say thank you to all that have shown up and any that might in the near future.

My time as ETC was for the most part a good deal of fun and occasionally in other parts a great pain. It did give me the opportunity to meet and work with many fine officers, CoA’s Gen. Willie Tisdale, Gen. Cam McOmish and the current AC’s Lt. Gen. Jon Ellis AoG and Gen. Stewart Stiles ANV, past AoG AC’s, Paul Smith, Robert Wilson and Nick Kunz, past ANV AC’s, John Newton, Ed Stewart, Dennis McBride, who temporarily commanded ANV when I first came on board. Also Steve Kitchen and Alphonse de Mere for their tireless work at ANV keeping up the web sites and records, Scott Ludwig who was WTC when I was at AoA and gave me the first taste of theater operations as his CoS, he has since returned to the WTC. And Nick Kunz again and again, for his continuous, on going administration of the AoG web pages, as well as most of the CSA command and archive web pages all the while running VMI. Nick was the person most responsible for getting me to ETC, he never ceases to amaze me in all he does for this club behind the scenes and unbeknown to most members. There are many others not mentioned that have given more than their fair share of contributions to the armies of the east, please forgive my lack of acknowledgment, but know your efforts are appreciated.

I leave with the knowledge that the Eastern Theater is in good order and fighting fit, my best to Gen. Blake as he takes command and guides the theater to an even greater future. My thanks to Gen. McOmish for the damn fine parade, shiny awards and his comradeship when we were both TC’s and his leadership as the current CoA.

<SALUTE>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am 

General Weir (salute)

May I present the compliments and good wishes of the Army of Northern Virginia.

You have been an inspiring leader to us Sir. Thank you for all that you have done for Eastern Theater. We will miss you.

We wish you well in your new assignment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 am 

General Strickler (salute)

Welcome to Eastern Theater Sir!

The Army of Northern Virginia stands ready to do your bidding.

On to Washington!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm 

It has been a pleasure serving side by side with you for many years and also under your command for many years! :D I consider your steady hand at the ETC to be amongst some of the finest leadership this side of the Club has seen! :)