American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm 
Genril Nelms,

My question tonight is about individual rights, and protection of those rghts. I believe that many of the "Old Guard" may consider me to be a trouble maker and malcontent. I know that some individual/s in the Union High Command would love nothing better than to see me out of the club, even though to the best of my knowledge, I have never committed any offense that should have been actionable in that manner. This is public record as it has been openly stated in this very forum in the past (My crime was disagreeing with the powers that "were" at the time.) I believe that it is very probable that certain of these individuals may be among your biggest supporters. Given that this is the case, I would like to know what protections, if any at all, you would afford those of us who may voice dissent within the club during your tenure should you be elected. What would be the policy you would support?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 pm 

Jefferson H. Davis wrote:
Genril Nelms,

My question tonight is about individual rights, and protection of those rghts. I believe that many of the "Old Guard" may consider me to be a trouble maker and malcontent. I know that some individual/s in the Union High Command would love nothing better than to see me out of the club, even though to the best of my knowledge, I have never committed any offense that should have been actionable in that manner. This is public record as it has been openly stated in this very forum in the past (My crime was disagreeing with the powers that "were" at the time.) I believe that it is very probable that certain of these individuals may be among your biggest supporters. Given that this is the case, I would like to know what protections, if any at all, you would afford those of us who may voice dissent within the club during your tenure should you be elected. What would be the policy you would support?

As Club President it would be my policy to insure that every officer was free to express his dissent without fear of reprisal. Any officer would be encouraged to contact me at any time if they thought they were be punished in any way for any opinion they might express. I would however add two stipulations to this and that is that all officers would need to express their dissent, or support for that matter, in a respectful manner, and that it be done within the Club rules. Just finished DuPont's Respect for People training today and one take away I had from that is that it's important to give everyone their say. It's only natural that with a club membership this size that people will disagree and that's fine as long as it's done respectfully and no one should feel threatened by expressing themselves in that manner.

Union Military Academy Instructor

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 pm 
Thank you for your answer. As long as this policy is handled uniformly no matter the position of the individual (whether that person is a newbi Col. or even say the overall commander of either side) that would be fair enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:44 am 
Gen. Nelms,

This thread will be locked at about 10PM ET tonight as the Campaigning period comes to a close. Please post any final comments that you may have.

Best of Luck in the election, sir!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm 

Time for me to ask a constructive question...Matrix's newsletter announced 3 new games out, Scourge of War series Gettysburg, Antietam and Pipe Creek. They look like great games, but do not support PBEM but instead are pauseable real time. What is your opinion on the Club supporting and allowing scoring of real time games in the Club?

I ask as when I was on the NWC Cabinet I personally oversaw the inclusion of realtime game scoring into that Club and our DoR admin made the inclusions into the NWC DoR.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:45 pm 

Scott Ludwig wrote:
Time for me to ask a constructive question...Matrix's newsletter announced 3 new games out, Scourge of War series Gettysburg, Antietam and Pipe Creek. They look like great games, but do not support PBEM but instead are pauseable real time. What is your opinion on the Club supporting and allowing scoring of real time games in the Club?

I ask as when I was on the NWC Cabinet I personally oversaw the inclusion of realtime game scoring into that Club and our DoR admin made the inclusions into the NWC DoR.

Well to be honest I hadn't considered it before. Since this is playable against other opponents and not just the AI I would have to say that we should investigate including it at the very least, especially since you've successfully incorporated similar games in the NWC. I'm pretty open minded on including games as long as they fit the period and can be played against another human in some sort of fashion, whether PBEM or realtime. I was the one who brought up including AACW and War Between the States up to the Cabinet when they came around so I'm not adverse to including new games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 pm 

As my final statement I would like to thank everyone for their interest in my campaign. I hope I've shown you that I have the experience to earn your vote in this election. Win or lose I believe we have one of the best wargaming clubs out there and I hope you'll select me to lead us into the future.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4