American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:13 pm 
In case anyone missed the last issue of "Virginia Ladies Home Magazine" I was voted the most handsome man in the War. :mrgreen:

Also gracing the list were my good friends Hubert Snufflelick, Ralphie Grombowski, and our old compatriot Larry Longbottom.

And, as usual, Neal Hebert finished as the single most repulsive looking man in either Army. He barely kept the crown after the most recent disfiguration of Andy "One Eye" Ackleson - who, as we all know, is now "No Eye" Ackleson. I spoke to Neal about this via telegraph earlier today and he continues to vehemently reject the ladies poll as biased and unfounded. I pointed out that his own wife was the one chairing the committee but he would hear none of it!

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 pm 

Blake if you look at the later addition of "Virginia Ladies Home Magazine" you will find that they printed a retraction about you being most handsome man of the war, apparently it was a mistake on the part of the judges. It stated that Winfield Scott was the actual winner. I did not see any from of retraction about Neal, so that part must be true :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:18 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

I actually was the party responsible for getting my wife onto the committee in order to get her out of the house. I guess she got her revenge :roll:

As for being voted "most repulsive", it would seem to fit well with General Ringbloom's description of me as "the most obnoxious component of the AotM". Being obnoxious in the AotM and repulsive as CSA Chief of the Armies almost makes me wonder what I might achieve should I someday be elected president of the ACWGC :mrgreen:

CSA Cabinet Secretary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:55 pm 

Gentlemen

Ya'll don't fret....Blake's medications are obviously out of sinc and he is having all kinds of hallucinations.
We all know he is by far the oldest, the most disdainful, most sorest to the eyes yankee ever created by our Good Lord.
Rumor has it his family (1) had to tie a pork chop around his neck to have the dog play with him and (2) when Blake was born his wonderful mom exclaimed "what a treasure" and the nurse stated "do you want me to go bury it?"

I love ya Blake :D by the way your family paid me to say that :mrgreen:

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 pm 

General Miller <salute>

Suh, your description would be in order except for the fact that Lieutenant Blake isn't a Yank, he's a deserter of the cause. I believe he was VMI commandant for a spell, and certainly served as commander of the Army of the Mississippi. I believe we should humor him as he attempts to regain previous glories while still a simple lieutenant in the Yankee army.

Highest regards,

CSA Cabinet Secretary