American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:44 am 

General McOmish having now completed the work of reorganizing the CSA armies will be stepping down as interim CSA CoA.

I want to thank him once again for returning as interim CSA CoA in order to take on this challenge after having retired as CSA CoA late in 2013.

In accordance with club rules;

We will have a one week (7 days) nomination period, a two week campaigning period and a one week election period.

Nominations will begin this Saturday 12/06/2014 to Friday 12/12/2014.

Myself, US Sec. Nelms and US CoA Gen. Meyer will serve on the election committee.

To be eligible for the CoA position, a member must hold the rank of Lieutenant General or above in their respective Army.

Nominations for the CoA may be made by any regular officer subject to the restrictions listed below.

Candidates must be nominated by two other members before being placed on the ballot. Nominating officers must be from the same military group as the candidate being nominated.

Nominations are to be submitted to the entire Cabinet. Nominations must include a statement that the member nominated agrees to serve, if elected. Verification of nominations will be by using the email address the nominator uses to submit the nomination. The email address that the nominator uses must be the email address of record in the Department of Records. The Election Committee will attempt to contact, via email, any nominator whose email address is different than the Department of Records in order for that member to have to opportunity to correct the address held in the Department of Records. Any addresses not corrected by the end of the nomination period will not be valid and that nomination will be disregarded.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 am 

My Fellow Southerners

The Great State of South Carolina, the birthplace of the "Cause", The Secession State, the home of John C. Calhoun, Francis Marion, "States Right" Gist, Wade Hampton, Joseph Kershaw and other great Southern Leaders hereby nominates their adopted Favorite Son ...
General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig
Commanding Officer 2nd "Hill's Light" Division, II Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

For Commander of the CSA Armies!!!!!

I Corp
Army of Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:43 pm 

Gentlemen of the CSA,

General Tim Miller, ANV, CSA and Lt. General Tom Phillips, AotW, CSA have submitted nominations to the Cabinet for General Scott Ludwig to run for the CSA CoA position.

Their nominations have been verified by the election committee and General Ludwig has voiced his willingness to run.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm 

Gentlemen,

As we have had no other nominations for the position, General Scott Ludwig by acclamation will become the new
Confederate States of America, Chief of the Armies to become effective December 15th 2014 to serve a 2 year term ending on Dec 14th 2016.

Please join me in Congratulating General Ludwig, as the weather has been quite pleasant in Richmond this weekend there will be an impromptu luncheon on the south lawn of the of the Cabinet grounds to which all officers and gentlemen of the ACWGC are invited.

With Scott moving to the CoA spot we are in need of a interim CSA Cabinet Secretary, any CSA officer interested please contact my HQ.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:27 am 

Congratulations General Ludwig!

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:56 pm 

Thank you to both Tim & Tom for nominating me! :D

I'd like to thank and recognize the hard work that outgoing CoA Cam McOmish did for us! He took a very beleaguered CSA and right sized it and made all the best choices he could for it and the members and made sure that everyone was allowed to have input and were pleased!! He was the right man for the job and I don't think anyone could of done it better, my hat off to you Cam. You have made a much more solid organization for us to be a part of!! :mrgreen: 8)

I will write a more formal address in the CSA Headquarters forum sometime in he next few days. I will then have the two Army CO's pass the link off to their officers for them to read. Though I realize, that it is not visible unless you log in. We will have to do something about that. Will find an answer somehow.

Either way I am a very easy going person and am interested in running a fun and low key army, one that focuses on the members, games, fun, awards et al and not so much on policy & rules (as long as nothing against Club rules is going on). I am not one to stand on formality and prefer we do everything to keep folks interested and informed than to just cite regulations et al at them and then dismiss them from the ranks.

With that I have a very, very open door policy, any comments, suggestions, input, ideas, complaints, criticism, issues et al, feel free to email me anytime: eric2900@aol.com or my other email address: sludwig2900@gmail.com (I prefer you use the AOL one, but the Gmail one is a back up, in case you can't get me at the AOL one).

I am not looking to shake things up, we've been handed an excellent setup. Cam "righted the ship" with his work, so my philosophy is to "keep the ship afloat" now and also "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", is how we will operate.

I look forward to working with the members towards a more fun & enjoyable place to be a part of!!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:11 pm 

Congratulations, Scott! I've no doubt that this re-energized and reformed Rebel rabble that General McOmish has amazingly caused to be fashioned will cause Union arms much grief in the years to come with you as their leader. In fact, I was hopefully looking through the club rules to see if there was any particular violation of your nomination process for which you might be disqualified! But finding none, I seriously considered making a Cabinet proposal to refuse an elective office to anyone with the last name of Ludwig. President Weir advised me to drop the effort as my own time in the Cabinet grows short.

It's probably just as well to leave things as is, although we Northern boys could always count on General McOmish to wander off at the most pressing moments in a haze of drunken stupor. Now it appears that we're going to be treated to great festive events wherein there will be plenty of food, drink and entertainment for everyone! This will have the most salubrious effect upon the Union ranks, as we had been crestfallen to see the Rebel horde rise up from its own ashes and openly snatch away our final victory.

If there be any advice I can give to you in this changing of the guard, let it be that you include plenty of PEACHES in these anticipated grand gatherings! Nothing we have up north can match the sweet, succulant variety you have in Georgia. :P

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:28 pm 

Congratulations!!!

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:40 am 

Joe - Haha! I bet you were looking in every log, book, guide and formal papers to find something... :P When I was at my desk, I saw a lot of dust go up in the air, earlier today in the Cabinet room. Figured you were rummaging for something! :D

But yes, there will many of a great festive gathering, with plenty of food & home fixins' as well as booze and sweet tea! It is our goal to feed the Union into asking for peace, as they won't be able to mount their horses or put their pants on.... :D

I will take note of your desire for peaches, I do say myself, I am very fond of them. I will have a stack of peach flapjacks made up for you shortly! :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:13 am 

Congratulations General Scott and thanks for leading the CSA. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:10 am 

Yes wouldn't mind some peaches too. :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen:

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:07 pm 

Well done Scot for stepping up it has allowed me to devote more time to my first love; the CSA Tactical Drinking Team :mrgreen: Just make sure you keep the good ship CSA upright and if you need help just ask.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:17 pm 

Nice peaches Christian!! :P One in the upper right looks like it's been spanked a bit! :D

Indeed Cam, glad to allow you to get back to the CSA Tactical Drinking Team!! :D I will be sure to ask if I need any help and will no doubt try my best to keep the Good Ship CSA afloat. May we only sink in thousands of gallons of booze... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:03 pm 

I just don't know what to say but if I get a chance I will shot you!