ACWGC Forums
http://www.wargame.ch/board/acwgc/

The Petersburg Campaign
http://www.wargame.ch/board/acwgc/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20395
Page 1 of 1

Author:  cameronm [ Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  The Petersburg Campaign

I see that JTS have put out The Petersburg Campaign Available for Android and Kindle, does that mean we are going to get it for our PC's :?: :mrgreen:

Author:  Ernie Sands [ Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Generally speaking, they SEEM to put out new games (PC) on Fridays. I have NO idea if this will be the case.

Author:  RichWalker [ Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

The PC game is coming, but it will be several months.

Author:  cameronm [ Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

That is good news :mrgreen:

Author:  Joe Meyer [ Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

:D

Do we know who the developer is?

The Petersburg Campaign would essentially leave us with only the Valley Campaign as an outstanding piece of the series!

Author:  JMatthews [ Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Very tough campaign for the CSA, but I love when more campaigns are added to the JTS portfolio. I'm thankful for the hard work of the designers that produce these scenarios. As Gen Meyer stated, only the Valley Campaigns will be the major missing campaign after this one, even though there are always more battles and scenarios I would love to see.

Author:  Berto [ Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Joe Meyer wrote:
:D

The Petersburg Campaign would essentially leave us with only the Valley Campaign as an outstanding piece of the series!

After Petersburg and Valley Campaigns (both '62 & '64), I'd still like to see the Red River Campaign also, including other lesser known miscellaneous battles out west.

Author:  RichWalker [ Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Joe Meyer wrote:
:D

Do we know who the developer is?

The Petersburg Campaign would essentially leave us with only the Valley Campaign as an outstanding piece of the series!


John Tiller is the developer, and I am the main designer, with help from John Ferry and Doug Strickler.

As I move forward with the PC version, any feedback on this version would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rich Walker

Author:  Joe Meyer [ Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

My apologies, Richard, for having my terms mixed up. You are, of course, a designer extraordinaire with John Tiller's Civil War Campaign series, having designed Chancellorsville, Antietam, Chickamauga, Atlanta, Shiloh and Franklin, all of which I've played some portion and will continue to thoroughly enjoy for years to come! :D

Author:  C. Hecht [ Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

I didn't expect to see a game that covers a campaign that was over long stretches just a siege, so it's a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to see the PC version.

I haven't followed the Android/Kindle stuff but I had aren't those made from the PC version, that the PC version is still several months away nut Android/Kindle already out makes me wonder a bit.

Author:  RichWalker [ Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

C. Hecht wrote:
I didn't expect to see a game that covers a campaign that was over long stretches just a siege, so it's a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to see the PC version.

I haven't followed the Android/Kindle stuff but I had aren't those made from the PC version, that the PC version is still several months away nut Android/Kindle already out makes me wonder a bit.


The reason the tablet version is out is because if was easier to create as a first run publication. The others came out years before the tablet was even a thing, so we just adapted the PC to the tablet. But since Petersburg was ready, we published the tablet first as the PC version is still unfinished due to the increased complexities involved. Sorry for any confusion. Rest assured, the PC will be finished barring that I am eaten by a shark on some upcoming scuba trip!

Author:  RichWalker [ Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Joe Meyer wrote:
My apologies, Richard, for having my terms mixed up. You are, of course, a designer extraordinaire with John Tiller's Civil War Campaign series, having designed Chancellorsville, Antietam, Chickamauga, Atlanta, Shiloh and Franklin, all of which I've played some portion and will continue to thoroughly enjoy for years to come! :D


Thanks! But lots of help made the games what they are!

Author:  C. Hecht [ Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

RichWalker wrote:
Rest assured, the PC will be finished barring that I am eaten by a shark on some upcoming scuba trip!

I will recommend General Ludwig to issue a strict bathing ban on you. :mrgreen:

Author:  RichWalker [ Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Petersburg Campaign

Anyone tried the current version? Feedback?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/