American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:34 pm 

Notice of Verification of CSA Western Theater Army Name

Officers of the Confederate States of America (CSA) Armies & Fellow Club Members,

This is a sort of 'For Your Information' post and notice that the process for verifying the final name of the CSA Western Theater Army has begun. It was a process that has been in the works for a long while and is finally getting underway. Once done the name will be certified & chosen and the final outstanding task of the reorganization of the CSA, started in Fall 2014, will be complete. I'll share the result when the time comes. Then the process of creating or changing army specific awards will take place, but won't be such a large scale effort.

I am staging my emails I am sending to the three different Corps', so that they will hopefully make it past peoples spam filters and into their inboxes. My best dispatch riders are being sent to all commands.... :D I'll post when it is done to let folks know.

My hope is that Officers of the CSA Western Theater will participate and we can make a good choice! :)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:48 pm 

As of now all messages are sent to the officers of the CSA Western Theater Army. If you did not get one, please let me know here or by email: eric2900@aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:00 pm 

Folks - the voting will is closed. I'll do a verification with the two officers helping me audit the voting and will announce the winner to the army by Sunday at the latest.

Thanks to all who voted!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:48 pm 

I was told to keep quiet, but I have great difficulty keeping a secret, especially when plied with alcohol, so you heard it here first - I have it on good authority that the front runner is "John Bell Hood Yankee Killer Army"

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:58 pm 

You were right about one thing, McOmish. :shock: You can't keep a secret when imbibed! Furthermore you tend to get all mixed up when you try to repeat things in that state. The name that I told you to keep quiet about in the Winchester Bar was "The Johnny-Be-Good Hankie-Friller Army." :P

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:20 pm 

Officers of the Confederate States of America (CSA) Armies & Fellow Club Members,

The officers of the Western Theater of the Confederate States of America (CSA) have spoken. The final name of the new army will be the:

Army of Tennessee (AoT)

John Bell Hood Yankee Killer Army was a very close second lol.... :D

The vote was carried out over the last month and all historical names of the major CSA Army that fought in the Western Theater were used. Folks had the chance to submit messages of support for a specific army. The final vote count was as follows:

Army of Tennessee - 13

Army of the West - 7

Army of Mississippi - 1

Army of the Trans-Mississippi - 1

I was most graciously assisted in the monitoring of the process and the votes by General Stewart Stiles of the Army of Northern Virginia (ANV) and General David Danner of the Army of the Cumberland (AotC), which is probably fitting given the name picked! I'd like to thank them both for taking the time to help!

Now the process can begin of setting up the Army of Tennessee completely and finish the final stages of the transition started some years back. Besides we have to give General John Dragan another banner to fly when he smacks those cursed yankees to Kingdom Come! :D 8) :mrgreen: :wink:

I'll be sure to share details as we move along in the different things to come.

I've asked the Smoky Mountain Boys to play "Cumberland Gap" for us, while the Lady's Aid Society of Atlanta provide a fresh summer meal for all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCkVNSyFp4A