American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm 

Union Army Headquarters announces the elective retirement of General Jeff Laub, commander of the 1st Brigade, First Division, I Corps, Army of the Potomac.

General Laub joined the ACWGC in July of 2003, being assigned to the Union Army of the Potomac and immediately demonstrated his enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to the club's welfare by submitting his first article within the Union Army War College (now known as the Union Army Library) that same year. Jeff threw himself into the competition and maintained a very high profile as a successful player, ultimately recording an 89-14-29-4-23 career combat score and amassing over 3700 OBD Points! He also quickly rose in his administrative assignments, ascending to the I Corps command by 2004 and then becoming the AotP's 8th AC in the Spring of 2005. That same year he won a War College prize and followed that with two more articles in 2006. Jeff exceeded all expectations by being successfully elected as the Union Army's CoA (GinC) in January of 2007, an assignment he kept for the next four years. Signing himself as "laubster22," General Laub left an astounding 1200 posts within the ACWGC Forum, indicating a very involved and generous character.

After stepping down from his tenure as the UA CoA, General Laub maintained his presence within the ACWGC Cabinet as an elected UA Secretary. In 2010 and 2011 Jeff also served as an UMA Instructor. He ultimately resumed a role as a brigade commander in the AotP, in particular that of the 1/1/I/AotP.

Jeff has received the the Union Army's Defender of the Union Medal, three Exemplary Service Medals, an Honorable Service Medal and four Good Conduct Medals. He has won over 60 Campaign and Battlefield Ribbons.

On this, the occasion of his announced retirement, and by the authority of General Derald Riggs, Union Army GinC, General Jeff Laub is additionally awarded the following commendations in recognition of his career services to the club and Union Army.

ImageImageImageImage

From left to right: Outstanding Service Medal (1st), Exemplary Service Medal (4th), Honorable Service Medal (2nd) and Good Conduct Medal (5th)

All officers and club members are invited to leave their regards and sentiments for General Laub and, perhaps, provide us with some personal recollections of their associations with him.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:03 pm 

When General Dierk Walter succeeded General Laub as the new Union Army GinC, I accepted Dierk's offer to become his Chief of Staff. In that position I became privy to the very careful and close correspondence that had begun between Dierk and Jeff in regards to the fashioning a more inclusive and robust set of Union Army Standing Orders. Jeff was fresh from his four-year stint as the GinC and had plenty of ideas to contribute to the conversation, ideas born out of his own frustrations and tempered by the reality of his experience. Dierk's postulations were laced with visions of improvement and enthusiasm. As I read and listened to them speak with each other I was struck with the patience they exercised with each other, especially Jeff's for Dierk. The two men were on the same page with the same volition and purpose and managed to tear apart and re-assemble a much more concise and appropriate set of Standing Orders in a relatively short amount of time. I regarded that exercise as a seminal moment in the future of the ACWGC Union Army.

Thus it was, removed from the light of the forum and largely unheralded by any source, that Jeff made one of his best contributions to the club, a contribution that has materially aided the life of the Union Military Group through some challenging periods and established a solid foundation to its existence.

Commander, Army of the Tennessee
(2011-2014 UA CoA/GinC)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am 

General Laub,

You have left your indelible stamp on the Union Army and on the Club, and you deserve our greatest respect and admiration for that. It was a pleasure serving with you, and I wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 am 

General Laub:

Your contributions to the Union Army and the club as a whole will be long remembered. You will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am 

General Laub,

I am enjoying the results of your time and energy spent on behalf of the club. Thank you .

You will be greatly missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 pm 

Gen. Laub,

Congratulations on the well deserved awards.
I wish to offer my personal thanks for your service to the club, members like you are what have made this club what it is today.

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/1/II
AotP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:33 pm 

Thank you for all your many contributions.

Franklin, Shiloh, Chickamauga, Antietam, Atlanta, Chancellorsville, Petersburg and Shenandoah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 pm 

Gen. Laub,

Thank you sir for all you have done!

<salute>

Army of the Potomac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:32 am 

Bon Chance, Mon Ami.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm 

General Laub:

Your contribution to the Club and medical field cannot be overlooked. Salute sir.

Army of the Tennessee
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:23 pm 

Thank you for all you have done. Good luck !!