American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT!
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:49 am 
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Yep! The Southern Scenario and Campaign Design Center located on the Mills Farm in Eastern Texas is cranking them out again. What “ pray tell” is this man rambling on about. Well some of your hardworking ( ok maybe just bored ) brothers in arms have spent the last two months play testing the latest creation by yours truly and the indomitable Walt Dortch. I know General McOmish here I am collaborating with a Yankee once again. You must understand sir he always brings the whiskey. How in good conscious can a man who considers himself a true southern gentlemen turn down such an invitation.

OK enough of the side show. This latest endeavor is a complete makeover of Grant's final campaign south of Vicksburg. It has a new custom OOB for the Rebs and additional forces for the Yanks. The title of the new campaign is “Pemberton gets help”. That is all I will say at this point in time. Don't want to spoil the surprise. Needless to say this will not be like any campaign any of you have fought thus far.

What new features can you gentlemen expect? Every battle is proceeded by a decision screen. Each commander will be presented with sometimes as many as three battle plans to choose from. In addition at specific points a player is presented with a strategic decision and then a battle plan to select.
All casualties carry-over. And now for the kicker. Every victory condition yields a different result. HUH? What the heck? In other words when a battle is completed your starting position and available battle plans are dependent upon how well you did in the previous battle. Devious eh?

That is all I will say at this point in time. However, for those interested in playing please send me a note to larrygmills@yahoo.com. I will then begin building a list of players. All are welcome.

Look for future posts and an upcoming website for the tournament with rules and player qualifications specifics.

“ 40 rounds and some hardtack sir that is all I need. 40 rounds and some hardtack!!”

Brig. Gen. Walt Dortch
V Corps AoP

Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT!
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:58 am 

Reads very interesting, gentlemen!

Army of the Potomac.
http://campcromwell.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message