American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm 

Officers of the AWWGC <salute>

Please find below the text of a draft proposal to establish a Recruiting Officer Position for the ACWGC. This draft has been reviewed and unanimously approved by the Cabinet for presentation to the Club Membership for comments. The time period to submit comments shall from be January 8, 2020 through January 22, 2021. Note that there are two options for awarding OBD points shown in Section VIII and your feedback regarding your preferred option is requested. Following the close of the comment period, the Cabinet will consider revisions to the proposal and submit a final version to the Club Membership for approval by voting

***********************************************************************************

ACWGC Recruitment Officer
V. 01/07/2021

I. Purpose of the Position

The purpose of the Recruiting Officer is to increase the Club’s recruitment rate through any means that continue to uphold the honor and spirit of the Club. The Recruiting Officer will work independently in the best interests of the Club to promote our core values, games, and ideas as described in Section 1 of the Club Rules. The Recruiting Officer may select two Club Members for his staff as described below. Additional members may also serve as part of the Recruiting Team. The overriding prerequisite for a Team Member is the clear desire and drive to help the Club's Recruiting efforts. The Recruiting Officer shall be assigned as a Staff Officer to the Club President.

II. Program Reporting

The Recruiting Officer shall provide a monthly report to the Club President and the Superintendents of the UMA and VMI. This report shall describe the successes, problems, issues, and needs of the Recruitment Team. The report will also provide recommendations for modification of the recruiting effort.

III. Eligibility

The Recruiting Officer shall be a Colonel or higher in rank. Team members may be of any rank. The Recruiting Officer and Team Members may come from either the USA or CSA side of the Club, may simultaneously hold other positions, serve on the Cabinet, or serve in any other elected Position.

IV. Selection

Openings for the Recruiting Officer position shall be announced by a posting on the Mason Dixon Tavern Forum by the cabinet. The notice shall provide two weeks for eligible members to submit applications to the Club President by email with a cc to all other Cabinet members.

The Club President shall, following the close of the notice period, provide the applications of eligible applicants and a recommendation for selection of the Recruiting Officer to the Cabinet. The Cabinet shall vote to accept the President’s recommendation or provide their vote for an alternative applicant. In the event the majority of the Cabinet does not support the President’s recommendation, a second (or subsequent) selection round shall occur based on voting for the alternate applicants identified in the first round of selection voting. The President’s vote shall break ties.

V. Selection Criteria

The President shall prepare his recommendation for selection based on the applicant’s ability to develop multimedia and venue specific recruiting materials, knowledge of the Club, and especially the time the applicant is likely to have to devote to achieving the purpose of the position. The overriding prerequisite for the Recruiting Officer shall be a clear desire and commensurate drive to lead the Club's Recruiting efforts.

VI. Term of the Position

The term of the Recruitment Officer position shall be two years. There is no limit to the number of terms the Recruitment Officer may serve.

VII. Qualifications Established by Service in the Position

Service as the Recruitment Officer qualifies the incumbent for promotion to Lt. General as shown in the proposed revision to Rule 4.1 (j) shown below.

VIII. OBD Points

Recruiting Officer:

Option 1: 15/month OBD points per month

Option 2: 5 OBD points per month plus two points for every recruit to a maximum of 25 points per month.

Recruiting Team Staff (up to two):

Option 1: 5 OBD points per month

Option 2: 2 OBD points per month plus one point for every recruit to a maximum of 12 points per month.

IX. Rules Revisions Needed to Establish this Position

1. New Section 3.1.2.10 Recruitment Officer (“RO”). Duties include:

a) Managing the recruiting effort of the ACWGC.
b) In coordination with the UMA and VMI, preparing monthly reports of recruitment efforts undertaken, including the number of new applications received by the Academies for the month . Reports will associate recruits with specific recruiting methods where possible.
c) Other duties as assigned by the Club President.

2. Revisions to Section 4.1:

Existing Section (j) Lieutenant General - 600 points and Corps Commander, Chief of Staff to CoA or Chief of Staff to AC or TC or higher (Cabinet approval required).

Revised Section (j): Lieutenant General - 600 points and Corps Commander, RO, Chief of Staff to CoA, AC or TC, Academy (UMA, VMI)/ War College Commandant, or higher (Cabinet approval required).

Existing Section (k) General - 800 points and Army Command or Academy or War College Commandant or higher (Cabinet approval required).

Revised Section (k): General - 800 points and Army Command, Academy (UMA, VMI)/ War College Commandant, TC or COA (Cabinet approval required).

Note: Revision to Section (k) is proposed as a needed clarification of this section in its own right whether or not the RO position is approved.

3. New Section 4.2.2.2(k): Recruitment Officer – [OBD points] Add text based on the option selected in Section VIII].

4. Revisions to Section 4.2.2

Existing Section 4.2.2.(j): Chiefs of Staff to TC and AC - 5 points per month

Revised Section 4.2.2.(j): Chiefs of Staff to TC and AC, and Staff to Recruitment Officer [Add text per option selected in Section VIII].

***********************************************************************************

Respectfully submitted,

UA Operations Officer
UA Wolverine Team Leader

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:47 pm 

Looks good to me.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:38 pm 

The RO post sorta seems like a "Kitchen Cabinet" position to the President. Using an old Andy Jackson term there. Maybe the post's term should run simultaneously with the President. Then each president can, potentially, seek a new RO officer or invite the previous one to reapply and stay on.

Just a thought. Maybe not even a good one.

I love the RO idea though!

Of the two options for OBD points I like Option B. Incentives for recruits... fun concept.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:45 am 

Walt,
I think the proposal for a Recruitment Officer has great merit. However, I'd like to think the first term should be experimental, with continuance based on the success or otherwise of the position. I favour the 2nd OBD Points option (nothing like enlightened self interest as an incentive!).
Good start, mate!

regrads

Army of the Potomac.
http://campcromwell.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm 

For the rewarding I would clearly go for option 1 because seeing the sign up form on the NWC it's clear that new members come to the club on many different lanes, so we can't accredit all new officers to the recruiting officer and his team. Besides, a head count would foster quantity over quality. So I would clearly prefer to give a concrete OBD value per month, 15 points sounds good for a position that contributes to the whole club.

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm 

Looking over it again here are some more thoughts:
- I suggest that we adapt a diagram like it can be found under the Command Staff Tenures of the Union Army(https://www.unioneaglesonline.com/UNIONARMY/UAST.htm) that explains the relationship of the cabinet and any "attached" elements. That way we ensure that everyone will understand that, while the position of recruiting officer is assigned to the president, he and his team members will not be part of the cabinet in that position.

- Regarding the rank qualification. I'm a little unsure about this, it seems that an effort that encompasses the whole club and not just the Union could justify the rank of General. On the other hand this isn't a command position nor a cabinet position, and that could also justify not to grant the highest possible rank. Options of others would be interesting.

"Where to stop? I don't know. At Hell, I expect."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 am 

The proposal seems to be well written and thought out. I'd give it a thumbs up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:24 pm 

President Dortch, sir! <Salute>

Walt,

I really like the idea and the proposal is well written. In addition to a recruiting officer, I think the President should have a Secretary of War to accompany his cabinet. This position could be used to maintain and monitor the Dept. of Records; giving the Club president time to focus on other Club activities. :)

That's just my 2 cents. ;o)

Army of the Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:10 am 

A little strange that the new position works for the President but is selected by the Cabinet, but I could take either side of that and defend it. Nothing is a problem when everyone gets along fine, but will it work if there are conflicts between the President and members of the Cabinet? I say Yes because the resolution is built into the proposal.

Option 1 is clean and simple. I vote for Option 1.

VMI Class of '00

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]