American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Missing 3D unit graphics
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:47 am 

I'm noticing several instances of missing 3d graphics, especially in Shenandoah; this ghost-cavalry one is from Chickamauga. Is this being addressed, and is there a protocol for reporting these?
My old OOB-viewer program from old banshee days would be good for this but it doesn't work with the new releases and I'm getting too old to reprogram my old stuff (but could be talked into it I suppose :? .) I've made a few manual corrections myself but I'm hoping these are getting fixed...?

Attachment:
chickbmp.jpg
chickbmp.jpg [ 88.6 KiB | Viewed 2666 times ]

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:39 pm 

I'd send it JTS Support.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:09 pm 

The most annoying thing to me about Campaign Shenandoah is the appearance of Sherman as the image that appears for Union turns. Why Sherman? He was never in the Shenandoah and he is certainly not welcome there. The are a quite a few balanced scenarios up to a day in length so I find that title a good one to own.

However, back to your point, I generally write directly to JTS support (Support@johntillersoftware.com) if I identify a matter of concern. I found that if I use the Support page from their website I do not get a response whereas if I email them directly the response is prompt.
Today I reported an issue from Campaign Corinth in relation to the various variants of The Battle of Purdy where van Dorn and Price had a command radius of zero. The same seemed to occur for senior Union commanders (e.g. Grant and Rosecrans) and presumably stems from the Parameter Data which gives Corps and Army Commanders a Command Distance of zero. Surely, this was not intentional.
[Regardless of that anomaly, Purdy battles are interesting scenarios (some are balanced towards the CSA and some towards the USA and some even). There are some quite good scenarios in Campaign Corinth although finding them is quite difficult due to the coded names of many scenarios. I have played the Purdy variants cf_c12u4 (balanced towards the CSA) and cf_c4u4 (balance towards the USA).]

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:28 pm 

Further to my earlier comment, as I said above the response from JTS Support if you send them an email that details your exact concerns is prompt. I got a response to my Purdy enquiry two hours after I emailed them!

FYI, for anyone interested the response was:
"Limited command ranges for higher level commanders was a feature added later in the series, so not included with this game originally. We are going to update that with the next round of updates though. Here's a copy of those PDT files for you to use now if you wish...they go inside the \Data sub-folder."

So, it'll be fixed in the next update but if I'm in a hurry advice was provided where to amend it myself.
Great customer service, JTS.

First Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:28 pm 

Thanks for the response and forwarding.
Re: Corinth, I sent off the updated historical weather variants to JTS a few months back for a possible future update of Corinth, Peninsula, Vicksburg, Gettysburg and Ozark.
The Purdy scenarios use Iuka.pdt which I had to copy and update to the newest version for the weather variant scenarios (every scenario from those 5 titles now has a historical weather counterpart) which included adding command ranges for the higher commanders. I did not mess with the original Iuka.pdt so it's good to hear JTS is updating them for Corinth.