American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Newest Members
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:13 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
What's up with two of our newest members being young (22) and Female and from the Philippines. Hobbies, dancing! Come on, doesn't the club have some standards to follow or am I all wet! I like diversity, but I want my club members to be alittle on the serious side of gaming and Historical knowledge of the ACW! Am I wrong!
Sincerely,
Fld Lt Nick Kunz
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:37 pm 
Lt

What Sir, is wrong with being young? or female? or from the Philippines? Just what do you mean by "standards"?

I suspect these one's don't actually game, but if they do, who cares about the rest? I actually hope they are real and proceed to whup Rebel butt from here to Manilla and back!

Col Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:01 pm 

Lt Kunz,

Your comments reminded me of my first 4 games in the club. I was all fired up and ready to show all these US members playing the Yanks what fer. After 4 games, I realized I had played 4 members ALL from foreign countries: England, Germany, Sweden and New York![:)]

Actually, I hope you have the opportunity to tangle with Captain Emily Stewart, formerly of the AoS, if and when she returns to the club. I guarantee she will give you a run for your money! She is a Field Artillery officer in the US Army and the last I heard she was overseas. I am waiting for her safe return and hopefully she will return to action here once more.

Also, historically, there were many women that fought on both sides of the US Civil war. They just had to conceal the fact as best they could. (Wasn't too hard for lots of the Yankee women I hear tale!)[:0]

You will look around and see there is a large percentage of this club made up of people from all over the world, outside of the US boundaries. It is a very diverse group and you will learn much from all here. I can assure you of one more thing, they, like you, are here to have fun and all of us are the richer for it. Enjoy the club!

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:51 am 

Stacey Jemay (sp?) comes to mind. She was a great field commander in this club, and helped, at the beginning, setting up the CCC. She left many a guy scratching their head after the thrashing she delivered to them...

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Sir,

We all have to start somewhere in our quest to learn about the ACW. With the support that this club can provide it should allow for the some to become more interested and hopefully carry on the hobby to the next generations. The club has always been about the fun and camaraderie. This club can seem very intimidating to 'newbies' something that does not enhance the survivability of the club. I think we should welcome any person who shows interest no matter at what level.

Best Regards,

General Pierre D.
1/3/I/AOG/CSA
President, ACWGC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:57 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br />What's up with two of our newest members being young (22) and Female and from the Philippines. Hobbies, dancing! Come on, doesn't the club have some standards to follow or am I all wet! I like diversity, but I want my club members to be alittle on the serious side of gaming and Historical knowledge of the ACW! Am I wrong!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am curious about what kind of standards you think we should have?

Maybe an intelligence test would be the first thing started, retroactively.[:(]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:03 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i> Maybe an intelligence test would be the first thing started, retroactively.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ernie - do we keep the ones who pass? the ones who fail? or is this meant purely as an aid to finding opponents? [:D]

Col Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:03 am 

This has to be a joke.[?]

Major General Don Golen
Army of the Potomac, USA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:36 am 

I would not care if they were from Mars and had 4 heads... So long as they enjoy themselves in the club all I can say is:

"You go girl !!!"

Colonel John Corbin
Commanding officer
2nd Division
XVIII Corps
AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:12 am 

Ernie and Mike,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ernie Sands Maybe an intelligence test would be the first thing started, retroactively.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ernie - do we keep the ones who pass? the ones who fail? or is this meant purely as an aid to finding opponents?

I can see it now, those attaining a certain score will be Yanks and those below it will be Rebs.[:(]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:34 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dradams2</i>
<br />Ernie and Mike,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
Originally posted by Ernie Sands Maybe an intelligence test would be the first thing started, retroactively.

Ernie - do we keep the ones who pass? the ones who fail? or is this meant purely as an aid to finding opponents?

I can see it now, those attaining a certain score will be Yanks and those below it will be Rebs.[:(]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

First off the reb version will obviously have to be verbal and the rebs will be allowed to use their calculators (meaning, they can take off their shoes)[:D]

Major General Don Golen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:59 am 
Since when do the Rebs have shoes? Obviously issued by Richmond so that they can't count their pay [;)]

Col Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:04 am 

Gentlemen,

I like to dance--does that mean I have to resign my commission[V] ? (I dance better than I fight, by the way [:D]!)

In fact, I offered to teach Stacey Jemay how to do the Virginia Reel at the Army of the Mississippi tavern after my victory in our first engagement. Unfortunately, my 'victory' never came -- and I ended up shining her boots at the Army of the Ohio tavern [B)]!

The lieutenant's nickname of 'DoubleDuce' brings to mind a certain animated boxer, a paragon of parody. If there <b>IS </b>a correlation, I'm sure the lieutenant is just pulling our collective legs.

Here's to diversity. (And if the two new members are NOT interested in gaming, perhaps they would like to stop by the Army of the Mississippi Tavern for a lesson or two in the Virginia Reel . . . [:D]!)

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br />What's up with two of our newest members being young (22) and Female and from the Philippines. Hobbies, dancing! Come on, doesn't the club have some standards to follow or am I all wet! I like diversity, but I want my club members to be alittle on the serious side of gaming and Historical knowledge of the ACW! Am I wrong!
Sincerely,
Fld Lt Nick Kunz
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:01 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Gentlemen,

I like to dance--does that mean I have to resign my commission[V] ? (I dance better than I fight, by the way [:D]!)

In fact, I offered to teach Stacey Jemay how to do the Virginia Reel at the Army of the Mississippi tavern after my victory in our first engagement. Unfortunately, my 'victory' never came -- and I ended up shining her boots at the Army of the Ohio tavern [B)]!

The lieutenant's nickname of 'DoubleDuce' brings to mind a certain animated boxer, a paragon of parody. If there <b>IS </b>a correlation, I'm sure the lieutenant is just pulling our collective legs.

Here's to diversity. (And if the two new members are NOT interested in gaming, perhaps they would like to stop by the Army of the Mississippi Tavern for a lesson or two in the Virginia Reel . . . [:D]!)

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

Sincerely,
Fld Lt Nick Kunz
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

[B)]shudder,[:0] D.W. dancing! [:(] nausea, [V]dizzyness[|)] and finally .....[xx(]

Major General Don Golen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:25 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dradams2</i>
<br />Actually, I hope you have the opportunity to tangle with Captain Emily Stewart, formerly of the AoS, if and when she returns to the club. I guarantee she will give you a run for your money! She is a Field Artillery officer in the US Army and the last I heard she was overseas. I am waiting for her safe return and hopefully she will return to action here once more.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

HAHA!!! She kicked the livin crap out of me (not that it is hard to) but really trashed me over anyone in a scenario I designed!!

Hey secret to all you in the clubs I am in on the otherside. (Challenge me to a homespun scenario, I always give great odds to the enemy whether I am trying to or not, it just happens!!!)

So I created the scenario and we played, I was a little bit nicer to her than I am to the 'guys' in other games I create, like my Nappy one with Mark Oakford where he went on to resoundingly hand me my arse in a box. [:)] Anyway I was more easy going on what I gave her, my first real fight in the club, no idea of what it was like, I was so nice I gave her a Minor Victory to start (don't ever do that again!!!) [:D] So we started off it was goin' ok I was in control for 3 of the 18 or 20? turns. Then she came off the hill, that was the end of it, all hell broke loose and everywhere I turned there she was beatin' me like the redheaded stepchild. [:D] So it got so bad, I survided all turns thankfully, I formed columns and presented myself in frot of her men so she could shot 'em up a little more and melee in column, it was all hopeless by then. Well she never did and it was the last time I talked to her. I would be happy to see her back to play her again, and again have her kick the holy horse out of me. [:D] So lesson learned don't be so nice, they'll rip your head off.

Besides that who cares if they dance or are from another country!! Let 'em be here and have fun, I could care less. [:D]

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Lt. Col. Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>