American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:54 pm 

Gentlemen,

Here it is the beginning of a new year and the war still rages on. The Yankee invaders continue to occupy the Southern homeland and a place in Pennsylvania became a final resting place for many a soldier, both North and South. There were many hard battles fought during the past twelve months with heavy casualties on both sides. Many commanders showed brilliance in their battle plans while others (like myself) continue to make ourselves available for cannon fodder.[xx(] I guess my dream of settling that little piece of land on the Shenandoah River will have to wait a while longer.

The battles raged off the battlefield as well, as troubles broke out in the ranks and disputes over authority, pay, promotions, and government made headlines.

As this new year begins, I see many good things on the horizon and I personally feel the club will be much stronger in the long run. The first election was just completed and more are coming. Open discussion is continuing on many topics of interest to the welfare of the club and its membership.

Tiller Con I is coming in June with the opportunity to meet John Tiller and many of the other designers involved with the HPS games. It will also feature the chance to simply sit down and chat with fellow members and enjoy some friendly games and perhaps pick up a few game-playing strategies while we are at it.

It is a year in the club that I am looking forward to and I hope that everyone has a great time and has the opportunity to make a new friend or two during the course of the year.

A great big thank you to all of the people that did so much for the club last year and a great big thank you for the people stepping up this year to carry on.

Happy New Year 2005!

Lt. General Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
Ist "Phantom" Cavalry Division
III Corps "The Swamp Legion"
Army of Norther Virginia
Confederate States of America

Profile Send private message