American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New CSA Secretary
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Fellow Members,

Appointed by acclamation is General Don Adams as the new CSA Cabinet secretary. No other CSA member received the requisite number of nominations.

General Adams should be an outstanding addition to the Cabinet. Let's all welcome and wish him the best in the new position.

Best Regards,

General Pierre D.
CSA Reserve Corps
President, ACWGC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:31 pm 

For a REBEL, he is OK!

Congratulations.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:54 pm 

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your kindness. I was a little concerned at first about accepting the position without an actual election but was assured by cabinet members they thought that since the procedures as stated in the call for nominations were followed that it was appropriate.

Since I didn't have the opportunity to post my stand before hand or answer questions on the campaign trail, I wanted everyone to know my position and attitudes about the club. The following is an excerpt from an email I sent out seeking support and nominations. I am making no changes to what I originally sent out:

"...The reason I am sending you gentlemen this letter is twofold. First, to let you know that I am willing to serve and what my stand is. Second, if after reading the first, you feel that I would serve you well on the cabinet I would ask that you consider nominating me so that my name will be placed on the ballot.

My position is very simple. I think the club has been built on a very solid foundation and that the basic foundation should not be touched. After my experiences this past summer and watching things develop since that time, I am very wary of change. If you want change you are going to have to do some major convincing of me before I would vote for it. That is not to say that I cannot be swayed. I am just saying that if a change is proposed, it needs to be well thought out and the implications of that change to the club in the longhaul considered. My most immediate concern, as is a lot of people I feel, is getting the autosystem back on line. By that I mean the Start and End games system that we had before. All of the bells and whistles that went with it before can be added back gradually, but the game registration system by itself is critical to the club right now. I, also, am concerned with the promotion system. I feel that it needs tweaking (points required), but not the major overhaul that was being proposed. And, finally, my biggest concern, is that the welfare of EVERY member of the club is watched out for by the cabinet and rules. As I have stated many times publicly in posts at the M/D Tavern, I see members with different levels of participation, desires, and abilities. As a member of the cabinet, I would make sure that, by my actions, each and every member is encouraged to continue being a part of the club and getting the benefits from it that they seek, whether games, comaraderie, rank, web site building, scenario designing, graphics, or whatever.

Gentlemen, that is, in a nutshell, my views and opinions of the club and the way I would approach being a member of the cabinet if elected. If you feel I would be worthy of your support, please take a moment and nominate me to Gen. McBride. If you do not, I thank you for taking the time to read this and look forward to our continued friendship in the club."

If you have any questions for me I would be glad to answer them, if not here, through my email address: ltgenadams@rootsandsaddles.com

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:22 pm 

Don,
A wise choice has been made.

BG Robert Frost
Army of Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:19 pm 
Congratulations Sir.

Col. Chris Cross
II "Jackson's" Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:53 am 

Congrats Sir, I know you have the best interest of the club at heart and you'll do a fine job.

<salute>

LGen Ham

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:49 am 

Gentlemen,

Yee-Haw [^] !

After the automated game form work he just accomplished, I wanted to nominate General Adams to the post myself--but realized the deadline had passed [V] . I was hoping he had been nominated so I could vote for him. Now I find I don't get to do that, either. (I'm always "a day late and a dollar short". [;)] )

In any event, I am very glad to see General Adams on the Cabinet.

I probably can't afford drinks for everybody in the Tavern (at least not until General Tim Miller pays me back for all those I.O.U.'s I've been floating for him over at the Chickasaw Bayou Saloon [:D] ), but I will gladly buy the next drink for General Adams.

Here's to General Adams, the Cabinet, and the Club!

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:29 am 

The ANV is proud of your appointment and I am too!! This is a wise choice!! [:D][:D]

On behalf of the Army and me Congrats!!

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Colonel Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>