American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:12 pm 

This all sounds extremely good! How about adding the following:

1./ Blue uniformed Rebels able to sneak up within 2-3 hexes of the unsuspecting Yankees before being detected.

2./ Deserters, stragglers, "friendly fire" (especially involving low quality conscripts in woods or at night) and perhaps even the possibility of troops changing side mid battle?

3./ A "We-plot, we-go" simultaneous movement system, like Combat Mission. This would also facilitate the <i>Special A/I rule[i]</i> with friendly troops entering A/I control, or troops passing under A/I control if routing or if a player choses to only control part of an army.

Col. Rich White
3 Brig. Phantom Cav Div
III Corps ANV

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:19 am 

Gentlemen,

I like the suggestions Colonel Peters' has made. As another item from my 'wish list', I would like to see an option in which you as the player were limited by the overall commander's LOS. Your own units outside his LOS would show up as '?', and that would only be an APPROXIMATION of where they were -- with the possibility of getting further and further from where they ACTUALLY are with each turn they remain out of sight. A/I would handle all action (movement, fire, melee) of any units not within your command range at the beginning of your turn.

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:45 pm 

I know there was some work done on weather, but I would rather see that dropped for Smoke. Most battles were not fought in rain (duh, muskets won't fire) and we all know in the US rain usually comes with thunder and lightning.

So, I like your visibility rules, plus add smoke when units fire, and with all those [?] running around the game would really be using FOW (Fog of War)!

I think the only reason most of the games are predictable is because we know too much about the enemy and exploit that.

I think all units on the same side should be known unless playing multiplayer where you would want that hidden.

Good stuff!

<font color="gold"><b>Lt. Col. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
<font color="beige">3rd</font id="beige"> '<font color="red">Jayhawk</font id="red">' <font color="beige">Brigade
1st Light Inf. Div.</font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer