American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:56 am 

I'm a union stagehand at the bottom of the San Francisco Bay called Silicon Valley. Too old now for traveling as a roadie, I stay at home and work touring concerts and Broadway musicals. I am blessed with working at a job I love.

V Corps/AOP/USA

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:40 am 

I left school at 17 and joined the Royal Marines, I left after 3 months due to ear problems I went on to work for various companies from stacking food to making cement, multi drop delivering, and now in security which I have been doing now for 11 years, I have 3 more years to do before I can retire. I've always been interested in history which led me into war gaming starting of with SPI TSS (Gettysburg), and the massive WW2 game. My computing gaming started of with a spectrum and gradually moved on to desktops and now mainly use laptops, I came across JT's Battleground games and it just grew from there. I joined this club in 2002 and also joined the other clubs as I got more and more games, I now have all the games to date and have moved on to a lot of the Ageod, Matrix and Slitherine games and the Total War series.

PS: All ACW, NAP and the latest Panzer Campaigns (HPS) have been updated to the JTS.

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm 

:D Just another BUMP.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 pm 

Late to this post. I work on a help desk in IT for what once was a small company, now not so small. I enjoy making small bets on the stock market when I can find me a company to lose my money with. I first played a game called Barbarossa from SPI while a sophomore in college. Spent so much time on it, I nearly flunked out, at least that is my story. I played SL (Squad Leader) but never advanced to ASL, played many of the old SPI Blue and Grey, also SPI The Atlantic Wall and Wach ein Rhine. Have a large collection many of which have never been played. I got into computer games and love finding it so much easier to find opponents, but still always seeking players for face to face games. Love the JTiller games and many others as well.

Sanford S. ONeill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:04 pm 

howdy folks,

I have been gone for some time as my horse died and i have been stranded out in the woods, low and behold i finally have a new horse. so it wont be long till i find my way back to the army but it will take some time to put the pieces back together. but on to the topic at hand. i work for ups as a driver atleast for the past 27 years. before then i was in both the army and navy for 10 years, 3 years to go till i can call it quits and give up my cdl for good. it is good to be back in the saddle. see ya soon

mg vannada

Nathan Bedford Forest Cavalry Corp (3rd)
Army of The West

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:10 pm 

I am medically retired from public schools where I did IT work. I am currently awaiting a Medical Retirement from the VAARNG. I have 26 years so I could just retire but due to the nature of my illness, I choose medical retirement as it would be more beneficial to my family. I am currently waiting to be assigned to command somewhere in the Confederate forces.

MG Emmette Bird
Formerly Army of Georgia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:25 am 

Gosh dang it is General E Bird, welcome back Suh! Looking forward to your official return :mrgreen:

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:48 am 

MG Emmette Bird, great to hear from you, Suh!

IT'S ONLY A GAME, SO ENJOY IT.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:30 pm 

I am a Paramedic for a large County EMS service outside Houston, Texas. But not for long. I am retiring in April to a ranch 100 miles northwest of San Antonio to begin my next life as a "gentleman rancher".

V Corps
Army of the Potomac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:30 pm 

F. Freeman wrote:
I am a Paramedic for a large County EMS service outside Houston, Texas. But not for long. I am retiring in April to a ranch 100 miles northwest of San Antonio to begin my next life as a "gentleman rancher".

Beautiful country that way. I'm envious. Every time I drive through that part of the state i think about doing the same thing.

Union Military Academy Instructor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:33 pm 

Been a member of the club for an epoch it feels. I was interested to see so many men of the cloth listed here as noted by another member. Not me! I'm an ex Catholic, lapsed Chemist, and Practicing Civil servant. Based in the UK, so yes dealing with Brexit at the moment. Working in the science division I am currently looking at what the UK will do for radiopharmaceuticals after a no deal as we import them all from Europe......Originally from Ireland I now live and work in Wales. one of the many rainy bits of UK, full of Norman castles and they love rugby here.

I've been inactive for a few years in the club and only recently responded to a Tournament request. Looking forward to getting active in the club

Adam Wadding
CSA

Hardee's Corps (1st Corps)
Army of the West (AotW)
C.S.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:34 pm 

I am a national process improvement program manager, think Lean, Lean Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control. I was in the Army for 13 years as a 19K which is a tanker or as the Grunts like to call us DATs. My last three year in the Army I was a Drill Sergeant at Fort Knox, Ky. I think my time as a tanker affected how I play the game as I am very aggressive and always trying to manuver to find that schwerpunkt (doesn't always work against you blue bellies, lol). I live in Colorado, I am married and we have six kids between us with all but two over 18. I started in war games with Risk then Axis and Allies and then transitioned to computer games, the first being Talon soft Bull Run. I got hooked on Civil war there, but I also love Panzer General (1-3) and the later Panzer Corps. I am currently enjoying order of battle which is like panzer general. As for Education, I graduated from Liberty University with BS, MBA, EdS, and ended up EdD (ABD) if you don't know what that is it means.. I did everything but my dissertation defense so I don't get to call myself Dr., lol.

Army of Tennessee (AoT), CSA

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:44 pm 

F. Freeman wrote:

I have to agree with Mark Nelms... the far out hill country is quite nice. A fine place to retire to. I live in Houston now, but lived in Lubbock as a teenager and spent a lot of time driving out that way.

Maj. Gen. L.P. Smith
Division Commander - II Corps
Army of Northern Virginia

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:59 am 

I'm just a humble factory worker. My plant makes steel containers for products that use components with high acidity that plastic cant handle. Been there, as of this posting, for 22 years.
I cut my war gaming teeth on a hard copy book from our public library when I was about 11 or 12. In the book was a 5-6 turn war game (a WW2 scenario) that you could photocopy and a page of the chits so you could photocopy them and print them to use as well. I hand traced the map out of the book and made my own chits and tried in my young mind to comprehend the rules (something I still do lol). I was hooked after that. I went on to purchase Avalon Hill's 150 Gettysburg Anniversary Edition. My first encounter with real time war games was Sid's Gettysburg. Was that an eye opener! Long story, short: I own a few table top war games and a few PC games, real time and turn based.
I'm married with two beautiful daughters and live in Ohio.

2nd Corp

AoT
"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall and we'll need the water"

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:40 pm 

Well I'm retired, I was a Circuit Judge for 32 years in deep Southern Illinois. I reside in the hometown of General John A. Logan and a good friend of mine is the Director of the John A. Logan Museum which is located in the home of General Logan.
I have been gaming for way too long although I stopped for many years. Many of the club members names are familiar as I was a member of this club many, many years ago. Its good to be back.

ARMY OF THE POTOMAC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next