American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:18 am 

I finally realized what it is that's confusing me about Ozark's Pea Ridge map. West is on top, yet the game claims it's North. Little Sugar Creek runs south-north while it should be east-west. The other maps in the campaign seem to have North on top alright though.

I knew that for some reason (which one, come to think about it?) many of the BG maps didn't have North on top, but so far I always thought all HPS ones had.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:32 am 

Hi Gen Walter!

From some deep recess in my tiny mind . . . I seem to recall that in order to fit all/most of the relevant Terrain to a conventional comp screen size - when using 2D maps . . Battleground maps were aligned with West . . . erm . . . North . . . ehhh . . . That is North to Yer Right . . . so to speak! [:I][8)]

P'raps this is just a delusion of mine brought on from over - eating captured Union Rations [;)] . . . but I <i>think</i> that was the reason They gave.

Thought I'd throw it your way . . . so's Ye won't lose any sleep over it! [:D]

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
II Corps, Commanding.
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia,
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:24 am 
You can always either tilt your head or turn your monitor on its side[:D][:D][:D]

Lt Col Karcher ,Csa
5th Calvary Brigade
II Corps Army of Northern Virginia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:09 pm 
It's been fixed and will appear correctly in the next patch/upgrade. The Pea Ridge and Wilson's Creek maps are the only ones that I've done that are oriented in that direction. I believe the WC compass orientation is correct but I must have forgotten the PR one.

Rich's Franklin is another "west is up" map that I can think of off the top of my head. At least it was in that orientation during testing...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br />I finally realized what it is that's confusing me about Ozark's Pea Ridge map. West is on top, yet the game claims it's North. Little Sugar Creek runs south-north while it should be east-west. The other maps in the campaign seem to have North on top alright though.

I knew that for some reason (which one, come to think about it?) many of the BG maps didn't have North on top, but so far I always thought all HPS ones had.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Colonel
3rd Bde/1st Div/17th Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:08 pm 

Now because HPS is not confined as were the Battleground games, all maps with new games will most likely have North Up. At least my next two games will be North-up.

The Franklin maps were done 5 years ago with the Battleground mentality. And since they can't be rotated, we just have to live with it.

Rich