American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:25 am 

A Cabinet committee, including Gen. Doug Burke, Gen. Ernie Sands, Gen. Pierre Desruisseaux and myself, have been plugging away at a system for Club elections. We were pleased to receive a couple of well-thought comments earlier, and are working on a range of topics one at a time.

The current topic is terms of office. Below is a draft recommendation by the committee; we'd appreciate it if membes would post feedback here over the next week.

1. The Cabinet should remain seven members, including two Secretaries each from the CSA and USA, the two Commanders of the Armies, and a President from either.
2. Secretaries would be elected to staggered terms of two years. Secretaries may not replace themselves AS SECRETARIES, but may be elected to CoA or president. Secretaries, may, however, serve non-consecutive terms.
3. The CoAs and President serve for terms of two years with a maximum of two consecutive terms and may not be elected after that 4 years period to a sequential term in any other cabinet capacity. (They must remain out of the cabinet for a minimum of one year.) The terms would be staggered.
4. Confederates vote (whoever is doing the voting, e.g. membership, senior officers, etc) for the two secretaries and the CoA, and the Union votes for two secretaries and the CoA. The entire membership (or whatever portion) votes for the President.

Thanks in advance for your comments. We'll be seeking additional input and feedback on other election related topics as we go forward.

Lt. Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:04 am 

Sounds fair, practical, and well thought out. Thanks to all for listening and working to continue the enjoyment of the club's members.

My $.02 worth...

Lt. General Jeff Laub
I Corps, Fighting First
Army of the Potomac, USA
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/I_Corps/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:19 am 

What are the procedures if any Cabinet member is unable to complete their term of office? Does the office remain vacant (highly not recommended), or who appoints an interim person to complete the term, or are special elections held?

What are the procedures for replacing any Cabinet member who has disappeared (and for how long?) or who has been naughty?

Do the restrictions upon consecutive years in the Cabinet start as of the implementation of the rule or do they take into consideration time in office prior to implementation of the rule (in other words, if someone has already been a President, CoA, or Secretary longer than 2 or 4 years then are they immediately ineligible or does their clock start ticking fresh where they can serve another 2 to 4 years before they become ineligible)? If the prior time in office is counted, then they may need a waiver to complete their current terms.

I assume that each CoA has full powers to appoint nonCabinet positions in their own armies (TCs, AC, CCs, DCs, Academy positions etc) or can delegate that authority as they see fit.

Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.