American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:33 pm 
How do I go about doing it since it seems both links are down? And which side needs more men?

Philip Prete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:55 am 

Come join us Rebs Philip...that way your army has a chance of staying on the field! [:0][:p]

http://pages.infinit.net/wargame/ACW_Fo ... ation.html

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:09 am 

Be sure to know that either Army will welcome you but if you are looking for a challenge then it is the Union Army for you. We don't have all A rated troops armed with gatling guns so we have to work harder. Plus, we have things like food and clothes and shoes to see us through. [;)]

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:02 am 
Philip

Well naturally the Army of the Shenandoah is the best, but I wouldn't want to prejudice you [;)].

Why not go to the LINKS EXPRESS http://garyned.tripod.com/ and from there you can tour the various Army Corps of both sides, as well as the Taverns. Why not look around and see if you find somewhere that feels right?

Once you have sense of where you might want to wind up you can enlist with the appropriate side.

Sir /oo

Brig Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:16 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Philip Prete</i>
And which side needs more men?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That would be us, the glorious national army of the Union. As (unhistorically) everybody seems to be rushing to the colors of (unhistorically) easy victory, the Federal army is (unhistorically) notoriously short-handed.

However, if the question is

"which side needs <i>men</i> more"

that would be the rebellion, obviously. [:p]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:16 am 

AoC[8D] Enough said, apart from welcome[:)]

Lt. Gen. Antony Barlow
CO, XIV Corps,
XO, Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:29 am 

I must agree with General Walter. Although possessing many players the CSA definitely needs more <i><b>men</b></i>. [:D]

Maj Gen Ambushed (ret.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:40 am 

Philip,

These Yankees are all slipping into their natural ways of lying and back-stabbing about anything to get what they want. They have led many a fine young man astray just to be used for cannon fodder in front of the Rebel artillery. Do you really want to lead a brigade under the likes of Burnside? Or would you rather be able to stand at the end of ANY battle and proudly say "I led and was led by the best!" The Army of Northern Virginia, CSA is made up of fine southern gentlemen that remember the true meaning of valor and honor. It is here where men like yourself can come and rest assured that you will be among the finest officers of the world!

Welcome to the club and know that whichever side you choose you are going to be in for a great deal of fun, both on and off the battlefield as witnessed here!

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:18 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Philip Prete</i>
And which side needs more men?

That would be us, the glorious national army of the Union. As (unhistorically) everybody seems to be rushing to the colors of (unhistorically) easy victory, the Federal army is (unhistorically) notoriously short-handed.

However, if the question is

"which side needs <i>men</i> more"

that would be the rebellion, obviously. [:p]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Easy victories for the Rebs? Since when did being vastly outnumbered, out gunned, and outsupplied constitute easy victory conditions? Last time I played Twice Hallowed Ground or Loose Cannons, it didn't seem things could get much easier for the Yankee boys... [V]

Philip,

If you want to have all of the luxuries of life and have men and cannon handed to you on a silver platter so that you never have to worry about running out of men or guns or ammunition, then by all means, join the invaders.

If, however, you want a challenge that tests your skill as a commander and resolve as a man, then you should most certainly join the forces of independence and self-government in the Confederacy of free and independent states... [:D]

Regards,
Captain Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:59 am 

No Mark. You have it wrong. If this fella wants a challenge he needs to join the CSA. If he joins the USA he's going to find the competition pretty mediocre.

Gen. Doug Burke xx/AoC/USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ALynn</i>
Easy victories for the Rebs? Since when did being vastly outnumbered, out gunned, and outsupplied constitute easy victory conditions? Last time I played Twice Hallowed Ground or Loose Cannons, it didn't seem things could get much easier for the Yankee boys... [V]

Well, Antietam is of course a foregone conclusion regardless of the scenario, and Loose Cannons is just adding insult to injury I am afraid. Who was it that said that it needed a McClellan to lose that battle?

But that aside, in "outnumbered, outgunned, and outsupplied" it appears you conveniently forgot to mention "A to C quality supermen troops with A and B rated leaders". "0 units routed out of 2 units checked" and "36 units undisrupted out of 37 units checked" is something worlds apart from "19 units routed out of 25 units checked" and "3 units undisrupted out of 35 units checked". In a standing firefight, a Reb regiment is typically in good order and hasn't moved, so it has its full fire effectiveness. A typical Federal regiment is disrupted and has moved (due to the constant readjustments needed by the permanent mass routs we are experiencing), so its fire factors is quartered (50% for being disrupted, 50% for having moved). That, in a nutshell, my dear captain, is the difference between the Reb army and the Union army.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:10 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ALynn</i>

Well, Antietam is of course a foregone conclusion regardless of the scenario, and Loose Cannons is just adding insult to injury I am afraid. Who was it that said that it needed a McClellan to lose that battle?

But that aside, in "outnumbered, outgunned, and outsupplied" it appears you conveniently forgot to mention "A to C quality supermen troops with A and B rated leaders". "0 units routed out of 2 units checked" and "36 units undisrupted out of 37 units checked" is something worlds apart from "19 units routed out of 25 units checked" and "3 units undisrupted out of 35 units checked". In a standing firefight, a Reb regiment is typically in good order and hasn't moved, so it has its full fire effectiveness. A typical Federal regiment is disrupted and has moved (due to the constant readjustments needed by the permanent mass routs we are experiencing), so its fire factors is quartered (50% for being disrupted, 50% for having moved). That, in a nutshell, my dear captain, is the difference between the Reb army and the Union army.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

That, my dear general, is the only way we don't get slaughtered by the 30,000 extra men available to ya'll uns every time we play. We can't help it that Southern men are just better fighters than most Yankees and don't pee ourselves and run for cover at first sight of the enemy. Guess that's why most of the Marine bases are in the southern half of the US these days... ;-)

Regards,
Captain Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:46 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ALynn</i>
Guess that's why most of the Marine bases are in the southern half of the US these days... ;-)

Actually it is because the War Department found the land very inexpensive after April 1865. [;)] It was a little pricey before that, though. [B)]

Col. Randy Hartwig
1/IX/AoO, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:03 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"19 units routed out of 25 units checked" <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Truly there are few joys to match bringing a spanking fresh Division to finish off the Rebs you have been grinding away at for hours, and to have the entire Division be routed by the exhausted Rebs.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We can't help it that Southern men are just better fighters than most Yankees and don't pee ourselves and run for cover at first sight of the enemy. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, there IS the question of whether they are bright enough to. There are more than a few battles where you seriously have to wonder about anyone who didn't bolt for cover.

BTW, that's why the Union is Blue, so it's easier for us to find our men in the woods and gullys and send em back into line. Green, grey and brown were just way too hard to spot.

Brig Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:12 pm 

Well said, General Burke, well said. [:D][:p]

Maj Gen Ambushed (ret.)