American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Reenacting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:03 pm 
Dose anyone here reenact.
I reenact with 1st south Carolina arty. from Mo.
and i reenact with the 12th illinois cav. They are going mounted and Dis mounted this year.

I'm trig to recruit for a unit im doing. Its a native american unit.

I'm Capt. Gary G. Jones II

I'm Trying to start a Native American Unit to help people understand what the Native Americans when through in the C.W. I'll Do my best as commanding officer.

Ill take my orders from the Regimental Commander in OK State.

I am Starting this Unit Company C of the 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles in Mason City Illinois..
This is Where the Company HQ's will be.

Thank you
Capt. Gary G. Jones II

The regimental Commander is
Col. Tuklo Bish-Ko-Kos
Commander
1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles, CSA

Brig. Gen. Stand Watie

Commander of the 1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:13 pm 

Are you a member of this fine club, sir? I don't seem to be able to find your name on either the Union or the Confederate army roster. This board here is for club members, so if you haven't done so already, I suggest you enlist for the side of your own choosing.

Also, would you mind signing your posts with your real name? It's customary in this here club. And while we're at it, I am sure all those who have served this club long and faithfully to gain the lofty rank of Brigadier General would appreciate it a lot if you wouldn't claim a rank you don't hold (in this club).

Thanks for your co-operation, and welcome. [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:24 pm 
Ok im Sorry sir i should of said that i didnt have any of these games yet but am working on it.
My name is Capt. gary G. Jones II of Co. C 1st Cherokee mounted rifles.

Brig. Gen. Stand Watie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:25 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br />Are you a member of this fine club, sir? I don't seem to be able to find your name on either the Union or the Confederate army roster. This board here is for club members, so if you haven't done so already, I suggest you enlist for the side of your own choosing.

Also, would you mind signing your posts with your real name? It's customary in this here club. And while we're at it, I am sure all those who have served this club long and faithfully to gain the lofty rank of Brigadier General would appreciate it a lot if you wouldn't claim a rank you don't hold (in this club).

Thanks for your co-operation, and welcome. [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I will play as a confederate in the games when i get them

Brig. Gen. Stand Watie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:03 am 

Chief Watie,

I agree with General Walter, for the most part. I have known of club members who chose, for whatever reason, to not use their 'real' names (General S.A.T. Freedman was one). The main thing is that you be a member of the club to post, and that you post with your club name and rank.

Once you receive even one of the games, head over to the VMI site and enlist. (You don't have to have ALL of the games -- although you're apt to want to eventually.) Your club rank will be 'cadet' initially, while you go through basic training (primarily, making sure you know how to send PBEM files). Upon graduation from VMI, you'll be given the rank of Field Lieutenant, and from there you can progress as fast as you want. (See the 'Club Rules' page for a discussion of how points are allocated and what promotions are based on.)

There is no reason you can't use 'Stand Watie' as your club name, if you prefer.

By the way, you may want to look seriously at the "HPS: Ozark" game. Although I don't think it ventures into "Indian Territory", it deals with the Trans-Mississippi area, which sounds like the area you're most interested in.

I look forward to hearing more from our Native American partners -- but be careful about the firewater they serve in this tavern! [:)]

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:01 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Chief Watie,

I agree with General Walter, for the most part. I have known of club members who chose, for whatever reason, to not use their 'real' names (General S.A.T. Freedman was one). The main thing is that you be a member of the club to post, and that you post with your club name and rank.

Once you receive even one of the games, head over to the VMI site and enlist. (You don't have to have ALL of the games -- although you're apt to want to eventually.) Your club rank will be 'cadet' initially, while you go through basic training (primarily, making sure you know how to send PBEM files). Upon graduation from VMI, you'll be given the rank of Field Lieutenant, and from there you can progress as fast as you want. (See the 'Club Rules' page for a discussion of how points are allocated and what promotions are based on.)

There is no reason you can't use 'Stand Watie' as your club name, if you prefer.

By the way, you may want to look seriously at the "HPS: Ozark" game. Although I don't think it ventures into "Indian Territory", it deals with the Trans-Mississippi area, which sounds like the area you're most interested in.

I look forward to hearing more from our Native American partners -- but be careful about the firewater they serve in this tavern! [:)]

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Yes Sir As quick as i can i hope

David W. Mallory

My name is Gary G. Jones II.

Brig. Gen. Stand Watie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:37 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brig. Gen. Stand Watie</i>

May I suggest you update your profile then? [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:48 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D.S. Walter</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brig. Gen. Stand Watie</i>

May I suggest you update your profile then? [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Ok i didnt get what you mean about that line

Stand Watie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:38 am 

Chief Watie,

For the area you're in, I recommend you track down the Missouri Civil War Reenacting Association. (The name should really be 'Midwest' Civil War Reenacting Association, since they typically do reenactments in Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, and Oklahoma, but it was apparently started by guys in Missouri and you know how difficult it can be to change an organization's name [:)] !) Through them, you could find reenactors in your area to fill your ranks. At the very least, they might be able to help you put on a Civil War demonstration as a recruitment drive for Native American reenactors.

I used to reenact with the Fourth Missouri Volunteer Infantry - Missouri State Guard, out of Joplin. For the past several years, though, I've concentrated on these computer games. I do miss the Saturday night dancing and sitting around the campfire singing, but the I do NOT miss wearing wool during blistering hot summer days or freezing my tail off at night. It was fun, but I much prefer the comfort of my den [:D]!

Happy hunting!

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:49 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Chief Watie,

For the area you're in, I recommend you track down the Missouri Civil War Reenacting Association. (The name should really be 'Midwest' Civil War Reenacting Association, since they typically do reenactments in Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, and Oklahoma, but it was apparently started by guys in Missouri and you know how difficult it can be to change an organization's name [:)] !) Through them, you could find reenactors in your area to fill your ranks. At the very least, they might be able to help you put on a Civil War demonstration as a recruitment drive for Native American reenactors.

I used to reenact with the Fourth Missouri Volunteer Infantry - Missouri State Guard, out of Joplin. For the past several years, though, I've concentrated on these computer games. I do miss the Saturday night dancing and sitting around the campfire singing, but the I do NOT miss wearing wool during blistering hot summer days or freezing my tail off at night. It was fun, but I much prefer the comfort of my den [:D]!

Happy hunting!

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Thank you Lt. Gen. David W. Mallory.
I heard of that Association. Do you know how i can get ahold of them

Stand Watie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:09 pm 

Chief Watie,

Here's the address for their web site: http://members.tripod.com/~MCWRA/

And let me say, on behalf of the Great White Chief in Richmond, Virginia, our Confederate soldiers will be proud to stand next to your warrior braves and fight for liberty against the United States oppressors any time [:D] !

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:17 pm 
<br />Chief Watie,

Here's the address for their web site: http://members.tripod.com/~MCWRA/

And let me say, on behalf of the Great White Chief in Richmond, Virginia, our Confederate soldiers will be proud to stand next to your warrior braves and fight for liberty against the United States oppressors any time [:D] !

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Wa Da David W Mallory

Stand Watie