American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Party Time
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:56 am 
OK Gents it would seem it has been left to me to sort out this Army while The Big Cheese is away[}:)].
I was hoping that Generals Huels would do it, so I could heap all the blame on his shoulders when the news breaks[B)].

But hey this is my chance to take charge of the WHOLE darn Confederate Army[^].

Way back when I left the docks at Bristol, England my Mum was shouting from the quay that I was making a huge mistake[:0], that there would be nothing for me in the new world, that I would die in some dark corner of some unknown city [xx(]and be buried in an unmarked grave[V], well Gents that may well be how it ends[?], but for now I'm a General in charge of an entire ARMY so lets PARTY[:p]

OK the rules for this party,

you can only get past the guards out front [:(!]if you bring two items/things/stories etc in with you[:o)].

To get the ball rolling I have brought with me, the English national dish (ok its debatable but hey!!!!![:I])
Fish and Chips with Mushy peas, all washed down with a pint of warm cask brewed ale[xx(] (You U.S types need to beware, this is not your regular Bud type beer[xx(])

I also bring news that Ned Simms did not really defect[:0] but is acting as a double agent[:D], but as he is doing such a good job of it, I know you will not believe a word I am saying [:I] and as such he is still perfectly safe to carry on his double life and continue to supply the Rebellion with all the secrets we need[;)].

Gentlemen leave your guns outside, and bring your gifts to the table.

Then Party[:X][:X][:X][:X] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gen Ian Rousell
Western Theatre
Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:10 pm 

Let me guess Cromwell is a distant relative, isn't he?

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:51 pm 

While the big cheese is away.......the Cream has risen to the top!

Gen. Rousell <SALUTE>

Make mine beans on toast and a pint of cider [;)]

Well.......I heard it from a fellow who knew a fellow who will swear that it's true....Ned Simms had been working for the Yankees back when he was a Rebel and now he is just pretending to spy for the Rebels while acting like a Yankee......but then all along he has been tricking the Yankees into thinking he was one of them, cause deep down inside he's really a Rebel at heart.........but then again I wouldn't believe a word from a man like me! [:0]

And for my second trick watch me pull a rabbit out of this hat [:p] [:)]

<font color="blue"><b>Brig.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:57 pm 

Ah Ha!! I may wish to vote you COA!! [:D][:D] (Keeping feeding the food) So, I bring good old fashion German Potato Salad and some local recipies:

Kahn's braunschweiger (also known as smoked liver sausage), loganberry, chicken wings (charpit cajun crispy, regular, buffalo style) not the crap imitation stuff, I've got the real stuff, cause I'm from where it was invented, Perry's Ice Cream (mmmmmm) 22 seperate flavors, Gyro's and Baklava (a lot of Greeks in my city and yes they all own a lot of family resturants), Sahlem's Hot Dog's, and Beef on Weck!! [:)]

Now let's all get poopy faced and dance till the sun don't come up!! Maybe later Tony Hill can do some magic tricks and Den McBride can sing!! [:D]

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Colonel Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:35 am 
There's Kahn's braunschweiger??? Oh boy, some kosher pickles and we're in business! [:D]

So is this the place where we bitch about civies, politicians in particular, and discover we have a lot more in common with each other than with them??? How about we just hang out and eat and send back reports of glorious battles?

OK, from my father's side some good Königsberger Klopse, and for my mother's side I'll bring some Westphalian shinkenspeck.

Noiw if only someone could supply some real beer ... [:)]

Brig Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:14 am 
Well, gents, where I come from it ain't much of a party if something ain't on the grill, so I'll fire one up and grill us up some steaks and chickens and shrimp. And we also have to have things fried, so I'll fry up the rest of the shrimp and chicken. And to wash it down, you guys can keep the warm beer, and I'll just brew up some good ole' fashioned Sweet Tea. Mmmmm... yummy.

And I haven't noticed any deserts yet! I'll toss in some banana puddin' and a chocolate cream pie from Granny. I had a strawberry shortcake, too, but we ate that one in the wagon the way!

Regards,
Major Alan Lynn
3rd Battery "Jacksonville Greys"
4th Div, II Corps, AoA
God bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:27 am 

OK gents since this WAS a British theme I propose everyone have a nice order of Toad in the Hole, followed by Spotted Dick and all washed down by Black Sheep's Riggwelter.

Enjoy!
Chuck Berdanier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:05 pm 

While my boys do not exatly call themselves British, they are from that area ERIN GO BRAGH! So I can add a little bit of Ireland to this shin dig.

LT. GEN. Tony Malone
III Corps AoA
Crimson Tide
"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:27 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by caberdanier</i>
<br />followed by Spotted Dick

Enjoy!
Chuck Berdanier
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If your dick has spots on it, you should see the Doctor!! Immediately!! [:D][:D][}:)][}:)]

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Colonel Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:07 pm 

Col Ludwig,

Apparently some explanations are in order because none of the three involves infections, illnesses or rebel cooking in that Possum, grits, corn bread and wimpy 1.2% beer are NOT involved.

Spotted Dick: A type of bread pudding with raisons, often served with custard.

Toad in the Hole: Pork Sausages, mashed potatoes and brown (often onion) gravy.

Riggwelter: A sheep whose fleece is so waterlogged it lays on its' back because it can't get up - or - a particularly fine stout produced by the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham, North Yorkshire, England. Alcohol content by volume 5.8%.

Don't ask what the calorie count of the above meal is because you don't want to know.

Regards,
Maj Chuck Berdanier
2/1/IX, AoO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:17 am 

General Rousell,

I leave for two weeks and return to find you have organized a 'welcome home' party for me -- how thoughtful [:D] ! This sort of reminds me of the pot luck dinners at church, with everyone bringing a dish 'big enough for their family, plus a little bit more'.

Since my wife and I have returned from touring the Delta South, I've brought along some dishes we sampled along the route:

Fried Catfish
Blackened Catfish
Blackened Snapper
Blackened Chicken
Gumbo
Red Beans and Rice
Fresh Pineapple

And another regional favorite, courtesy of our favorite New Orleans general (I'm speaking of Lawrence Bertolino, not P.G.T. Beauregard!), Po-Boy sandwiches!

We also learned a few French phrases on our trip. One was 'lagniappe' (pronounced LAN-yap), meaning 'a little something extra, a gift'. Our lagniappe is a fresh batch of beignets (pronounced Ben-YAYZ), dainty French pastries.

There's lots of good food here, but be sure to save room -- I expect Bill Peters will be here any time now with 101 ways to serve potatoes [:D] !

Now for an after-dinner story, from our journey:

One evening, my wife and I were leaning over the railing of our transport and watching the Mississippi levees float by. After several minutes of this, she looked at me and said, "A penny for your thoughts, David."

"Well, uh, I was thinkin' it's about time for a little kiss."

She blushed, then leaned over and kissed me. Then I blushed. Then we went back to gazing over the river.

After a while, she spoke again. "Another penny for your thoughts."

"Well, uh, I was thinkin' it's about time for a little hug."

She blushed, then leaned over and hugged me. Then I blushed. Then we went back to gazing over the river.

In a little while, she spoke up again. "Another penny for your thoughts."

"Well, uh, I was thinkin' it's about time you let me put my hand on your knee."

She blushed, then took my hand and put in on her knee. Then I blushed. Then we went back to gazing over the river.

Soon, she spoke once more. "Another penny for your thoughts."

I knitted my brow. "Well, now," I said, "my thoughts are a bit more serious this time."

"Really?" she replied in a whisper, filled with anticipation.

"Yup," I said.

She looked away in shyness, began to blush, and bit her lip in anticipation of the ultimate request.

"Don't you think it's about time you paid me the first three pennies?"

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:39 am 

[:D][:0]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">