American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:01 am 

There is about six (6) weeks (For those of the Southern persuasion, that is ALL the fingers of one hand - with thumb- and your BIG TOE) before TILLERCON.

The more the merrier. If you plan on attending, even for a portion of the 3 days, please let Rich know. You can access the TILLERCON website at:
http://www.hist-sdc.com/con/

So, June 17th is coming up fast.

So sign up now and you can say: "I was at TILLERCON I" when you attend TILLERCON XX in 2025! (That is TILLERON 20 for the - well YOU KNOW who needs the help)[;)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:40 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
(That is TILLERON 20 for the - well YOU KNOW who needs the help)[;)]

[b][gold]Ernie Sands
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Sands,

Thanks for explaining that. I thought 'XX' was just the way you Yanks refer to your inferior corn likker [:D] !

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:39 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
(That is TILLERON 20 for the - well YOU KNOW who needs the help)[;)]

[b][gold]Ernie Sands

General Sands,

Thanks for explaining that. I thought 'XX' was just the way you Yanks refer to your inferior corn likker [:D] !

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

SEE! see! I told you I KNEW who would need the help, ya'll![:D][:D][:D][;)][:0]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, CO XXIII Corps, AoO
President, Colonial Campaigns Club
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:03 pm 

Question: Will tickets be available at the door? And for what price?...for those of us that won't know if they can come until the last minute.

Thanks,

Lt. Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV
"God Bless the Alabamians" Gen. Robert E. Lee - The Wilderness 1864

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:23 pm 

Hi Boyd,

Yes, they will be. Price is the same as what they are going for now:

$30.00 single day
$50.00 two days
$70.00 three days

The first two days will offer about 16 hours of convention time each, with the third day being 10 hours. During this time there will be gaming (of course), presentations, performances (on Saturday night), prize drawings, etc.

How much time each person get's to game is dependant on a few things. Since a lot of people didn't pre-register I had to cut down the number of machines I was renting. So we are now looking at 32 "provided" machines. Of course if you bring your own laptop you can game the entire time you are awake! Sorry, no discounts are available for those bringing their own laptops. Just the rent on the facility is $3500.00 for the 3 days, so every penny is needed.

Quite a few people said they will be bringing board games as well, to sort of mix things up a bit. So there should be a good variety to keep everyone busy the entire time. And for those who like to stay up real late we can probably stay past 2:00 am, because a police officer will be on premises all night.

If you have any other questions post away...will be happy to answer anything I can!

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:32 pm 

Thanks Rich for the reply. It sounds like it will be a great time. Thanks for all your efforts in putting this together (as well as anybody else that has helped). Since I'm about 14 hrs away, I'm interested in taking in some of the Civil War sites in the area as well. Do you know if there will be any organized tours available for a group? Or should we just count on getting an impromptu field trip together?

Any Peninsula Campaign historians out there want to volunteer to lead a group of us around to see the battlefields so we know what we're looking at besides lots, and lots of pine trees?[:D]

Thanks,

Lt. Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:48 pm 

Hey Boyd,

No organized site visits, sorry. Too many other things to plan. And the last 2 times I did the ACWGC reunion people preferred to hang out and talk rather than visit sites! [:p]

Which direction are you coming from? There's a ton to see in the area...

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:21 am 

Hey Rich, I'll be coming from Alabama. So either up I-95 (the coastal route) or up thru Tennessee and western VA through Lynchburg or Charlottesville. Not sure yet. Boyd

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rich Hamilton</i>
<br />Hey Boyd,

No organized site visits, sorry. Too many other things to plan. And the last 2 times I did the ACWGC reunion people preferred to hang out and talk rather than visit sites! [:p]

Which direction are you coming from? There's a ton to see in the area...

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Major Boyd Denner
"Alabama Brigade"
1/3/III
ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:23 am 

Ok, well, on the Southern approach you have the Petersburg National Battlefield, and not far from there, just off I-85, there's Pamplin Historical Park - a must see IMHO. Excellent remains and a state-of-the-art museum with a CD guided tour. Well worth the stop.

Those are the biggest two, right near Richmond. Plenty of other stuff too. Coming in from the West you can swing down onto 460 and go through Appomattox, then hit the other stuff coming in.

Around Richmond you have Cold Harbor, the various Seven Days fields, that still exist that is, and various aspects of the Richmond National Battlefield Park.

On your way home I would highly suggest taking a bit of a detour and heading North to see the battlefields in the Fredericksburg area and maybe even Manassas if you can fit it in. You can then head over to 81 and come down the Shenandoah Valley to link back up with 40 in Tennessee to go home.

I know I've missed some stuff, but there's some highlights. If you have some time to tour get out on the web and plan your rout. A large chunck of the ACW battles were fought in VA...so there's plenty to see.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA