American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: purchasing games
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:45 pm 
i am a new member in the club. i have campaign gettysburg only. what is the least expensive method to purchase games in the campaign series?i am interested in getting campaign corinth at a minimum.

Larenzo R. Brown
CSA Cadet
duty is mine.
consequences are God's.
ALWAYS CONFOUND,MYSTIFY,AND SURPRISE THE ENEMY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:56 am 

Morning Sir,

If you are looking to purchase a single game at a time, then going to the NWS store is probably the cheapest:

http://store.navalwarfare.org/

If youa re looking to buy at least three games at once then I have a package deal I can offer you that would most likely be the best. Shoot me a note if interested - Rich@hist-sdc.com

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:03 am 

Dear Cadet Larenzo R. Brown,

If you are not in a hurry, the cheapest deal will be on ebay. I have seen all titles listed on ebay at one time or another, but you may not get them for what you are willing to pay, thus the patience until you get them at your price. For example I have seen Battle Ground Chickamauga go for as high as $150, I got mine for $2.50 plus shipping, but it took me 8 months of waiting and watching. Also NWS sells them on ebay for $31 or 31.99 something like that, plus shipping. Happy hunting.....

BG Joseph C. Mishurda

Joe Mishurda, The Cast Iron Division
2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:45 am 

Some BG titles were sold for almost no money at all (€ 5,00 or so) in Germany as late as 2002. Had I but known that they would be that much sought after in later years, I would have purchased a dozen. [8D]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:46 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jmishurda</i>
<br />Dear Cadet Larenzo R. Brown,

".... For example I have seen Battle Ground Chickamauga go for as high as $150,"
BG Joseph C. Mishurda

2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

150 DOLLARS? Sheesh. That is high! Or did you mean 15 dollars?

Someone made a killing otherwise.

I will never sell any of my BG games as I really enjoyed them, they wouldnt bring much on Ebay and every once in awhile a club challenge is made that interests me that uses the older system.

Col. Peters, 3rd Brigade
2nd Cavalry Division, II Corps, AoA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Colonel Peters,

Normally I would agree with you, but if I could get $150 for my Chickamauga game I could then turn around and, with Rich Hamilton's 5-for-3 deal, pick up FIVE brand-new HPS games for just about that much. That would be pretty tempting [:)] !

Cadet Larenzo, if you're only interested in (or can only afford) one additional game at this time, there might be others who would go in with you to get four more, and you could each save 20% by going with Rich's package deal. (Of course, you'd then have to do your own shipping to distribute the different games to each other, etc.)

Something that worked for me: My wife never knows what to get me for Christmas, birthday, Father's Day, etc. I solved that problem for her by going through Rich and ordering five games I wanted, then letting her put them aside and give them to me at appropriate times. It takes me quite a while to get learn any one of the games anyway, so patience isn't really an issue.

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:53 pm 

Dear Bill,

Yes, it was $150 (not 15) for BG Chickamauga (US version still shrinkwrapped). My $2.50 version was the Brithish Explosive tripple pack, works the same (trick to loading it though) and I later sold the other two disks Battle of Britain and Art of War II to make up for what I spent on all three.[8D]
Also, I checked on my ebay prices for HPS Gettysburg I paid $30.99 with $5.00 shipping and for HPS Franklin I paid $30.00 with $5.00 shipping. Now I am looking for Campaign Pennisila and Campaign Ozark with a target price of 20 to 25 $. Still Looking...

BG Joseph C. Mishurda

2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:34 am 

Hi Lorenzo . . .

Ye might be interested in this page . . . the 1st 4 Talonsoft ACW Titles for approx. $50 plus shipping. I hope it helps [8D]

Pat.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 57-0322036

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
II Corps, Commanding.
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia,
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:43 pm 

Dear Adam (Red Reb),

It has been a while, But I was unsuccessful in loading the explosive package as well. I am supprised your form the UK. I Exited the Explosive package and entered the CD to read the files. Select the File on Battleground Chickamauga, In that file there is a Set up file listed there; run that; then apply the XP patch to that loaded file. When you start, put the Battle Ground Start icon (crossing flags icon) on your desk top and when you want to play put the explosive disk in, close the window for explosive, and click on your Battle Ground icon on your desk top. That is how it worked for me to the best of my recollection. Hope that helps......

(I tried to eamil you directly by it bounced back)
Joe Mishurda

2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ