American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:48 am 

Gentlemen,

The Army of the Potomac endeavored this past 7 Days to honor my fourth star with a Raid on all Rebel Taverns. While the first couple of days were filled with some lonely drinking among the AoP fellas that made the trip, the past 5 was more party than we could handle![:D]

Thanks to all in Blue who made the trip, and thanks to all in Grey who rose to the fight.

I'd say the Blue Collar Comedy Tour needs to watch out for Don Golen, Vern Pinkham, and Den McBride if they quit their day jobs. Folks here at work are still wondering why I would burst out laughing from time to time![:p] Ask them (or read at various taverns) about Claude's tabacky recycling, the AoP Cavalry mount barmaids, and S O A P.[:D]

Thus kicks off our summer campaigning season.

On to Richmond!

General Jeff Laub
Army of the Potomac
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/AoP/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:38 am 

General Laub Sir:

I think that it is a better idea that you and your men do a "Raid" for West Point.
Your army needs training.[:D]
I think that this is better that to be one week whining for the Rebel Taverns ...[:(]this Southern Bourbon is too strong ...[:(]for when a victorious battle?...[:(]I do not want that Padme dies...

Regards:

Major General A. de Meré
1st Corps ANV
http://www.geocities.com/cwwce/

A. de Meré

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:48 pm 

General Laub,

I must admit it was the most spirited tavern raid and counter raid that I have seen since becoming a member over 2 years ago. It is nice to see life in the club and some good ole fashioned ribbing from both sides.

My hats off to the organizers of the raid and the response! Long live the ACWGC. (Even if no one ever did ask me about General Meade!)[:D]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:22 pm 

Don,

I'll be the sucker, what's the deal with Meade???[:D]

I was afraid of my own historical stupidity, and took you literally...[:p]

General Jeff Laub
Army of the Potomac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:49 am 

I needed a straight man for this, but here is the story as reported in the Richmond News.

Gen. George Meade, frustrated by his recent experiences leading the AoP, went to the US Army's CoP (Chief of Psychiatry). Upon explaining to the doctor his frustrations with his recent experiences in trying to lead the army and it's subsequent trips back and forth across the Potomac, he finally summed it up in saying "I just can't tell if I'm coming or going Doctor."

With that, the doctor told Meade to take off all of his clothes for the examination. Of course Meade thought this is a highly unusual course of action for a psychiatrist and started to complain, but thought better of it because he wanted help.

The doctor's next request was even more troublesome, but he figured the doctor knew what he was doing when he asked him to get down on the floor and crawl to the other side of the room from the doctor and then back to the doctor. He complied and after writing a few notes the doctor told him to go ahead and get dressed.

General Meade did so and waited patiently while the doctor was lost in deep thought, obviously about to come up with a solution for him that would enable him to once and for all, cross the Potomac and crush the Army of Northern Virginia!

Finally, the doctor said (on his way out of the room) "General Meade, you are right! I can't tell if you are coming or going either!"
[:0]

OK, OK, it's corny. Gen. Kaulbars, quit singing that song! I know I (my jokes) won't be missed around here! [:D][:0][:D][:o)]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:34 am 

I just want to note that Don Adams, unlike the other 3 <i>FUNNY</i> gentlemen I mentioned above, is not a threat to ANYONE or ANYTHING associated with the word Comedy...[:0][:D][xx(]

Don't worry Don, neither am I...[8D]

General Jeff Laub
Army of the Potomac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:20 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dradams2</i>
<br />I needed a straight man for this, but here is the story as reported in the Richmond News.

Gen. George Meade, frustrated by his recent experiences leading the AoP, went to the US Army's CoP (Chief of Psychiatry). Upon explaining to the doctor his frustrations with his recent experiences in trying to lead the army and it's subsequent trips back and forth across the Potomac, he finally summed it up in saying "I just can't tell if I'm coming or going Doctor."

With that, the doctor told Meade to take off all of his clothes for the examination. Of course Meade thought this is a highly unusual course of action for a psychiatrist and started to complain, but thought better of it because he wanted help.

The doctor's next request was even more troublesome, but he figured the doctor knew what he was doing when he asked him to get down on the floor and crawl to the other side of the room from the doctor and then back to the doctor. He complied and after writing a few notes the doctor told him to go ahead and get dressed.

General Meade did so and waited patiently while the doctor was lost in deep thought, obviously about to come up with a solution for him that would enable him to once and for all, cross the Potomac and crush the Army of Northern Virginia!

Finally, the doctor said (on his way out of the room) "General Meade, you are right! I can't tell if you are coming or going either!"
[:0]

OK, OK, it's corny. Gen. Kaulbars, quit singing that song! I know I (my jokes) won't be missed around here! [:D][:0][:D][:o)]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now that was a serious groaner.[:p]

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"