American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NEW SITE almost READY!
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:28 am 

Gentlemen,

I am almost ready to bring the new site online. My thanks to the people that helped test the site. It is not perfect and will continue to be developed, however, I should have it ready to go live in the next two or three weeks. My goal is Tiller Con at the latest. FINALLY!!!

What I am needing now is a half-way accurate point total for all members as posted on the official sites. (Mark Nelms and Chris Cross)

What I would like to propose is that on May 31st (my birthday) a freeze be put on all point awards at that moment and totals constructed from the data at hand. Then anything awarded on June 1st and thereafter will need to be added to the new site by hand once it comes on line. (The present game registration site will remain open and I will add all of that data myself) This will give us a "line of demarcation" to get the site functional.

Also, after many comments from different members of the cabinet and others, it is felt that there is no way to reconstruct an exact point total for every member based on the fact there are many missing records and all. We will go with what is at the official sites and work from there. I am going to try to put all games back to Jan 2002 on the site to begin with and balance the numbers from there with what Mark and Chris say everyone should have on May 31st. (You will see a line in your OBD that will say something like "Starting Balance". This number added to all of your games and awards that are on the site should reflect the total from Mark and Chris.) If you maintain more complete records, and everyone really should keep your own, I will work with you individually later to get everything more accurate. Remember, the database is only as good as what we feed into it.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me by email. Once the site comes on line, that will be just the beginning of getting it fully functional. Thanks for your patience and support.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Profile Send private message