American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:35 am 

Gentlemen,

I live less than 2 hours from KC -- If the rumors worked out I would finally get to one of these shindigs! (St. Louis is about 2 hours the OTHER way, so either one would work out fine for me.)

Wilson's Creek is even closer to KC than Pea Ridge & Prarie Grove are, and Boonsville & Lexington are barely a stone's throw away.

My wife went away to her high school reunion for the weekend, leaving my son & I to finish setting up my new machine. As soon as she returns, I'm expecting to get my copy of Campaign: Ozark for Father's Day -- and I'll start preparing for the Yankee invasion next year!

And Colonel Carroll, you'll feel right at home here: There are still some Jayhawks around, but most of the locals are still very sympathetic toward us Rebs. It was three counties just southeast of KC that were ordered evacuated by Union General Ewing just for being too nice to our boys [:)] !

Thanks to all for the updates from TillerConI. I'm looking forward to more reports, and pictures!

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:33 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />"Or perhaps if another new game is due out near the time of the next Tillercon, the event could be held in the vicinity of that location to allow a visit to the field, etc?"

With my luck the only game released then would be a Squad Battles title covering the Falklands.[:D]

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Al, compared to Oklahoma, the Falklands would look like Las Vegas! [:D]

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:23 pm 

Actually, it will be the first of John's new "Ancients" series, and will be about Ghengis Khan's consolidation of Mongolia [}:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />"Or perhaps if another new game is due out near the time of the next Tillercon, the event could be held in the vicinity of that location to allow a visit to the field, etc?"

With my luck the only game released then would be a Squad Battles title covering the Falklands.[:D]

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:50 pm 

I <i>heard</i> a whisper that Mr Tiller is taking another little known fascination of His into the Wargame Genre. . Science Fiction! [:p]

Around the time of Tillercon II, HPS will be releasing " Campaign Thrunboidox - the Colonisation of the 3rd Moon on the Left from Planet Pingotrongbong". [:0]

This will . . . of course . . . follow on from the success of his previous release - " Rampage of the Yankee eating Zomboid Rebs" ! ! ! [}:)]

So there! [:o)]

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:39 am 

Hey guys,

Thanks for the postivie comments, glad those of you who were able to attend did enjoy yourselves!

As to the rumor, as of now, yes, we are aiming towards the KC area. We'll see how things pan out. Also, we are looking at making this a bi-annual event, so the next one would be in '07. Plenty of time to plan, and also allow people to accumulate the needed vacation time and funds...as most of our wives wouldn't want half the family vacation time spent every year on a gaming convention. [:0]

We'll get the article with detals posted soon. Mark Adams put a good amount of time into it, so we should be able to flesh it out over the next couple of weeks. And I will post more details on the next event when I have them.

Oh, and by the way, I have some T-shirts left over if anyone want's one. $12.00 + shipping.

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA
Signal Corps - Editor in Chief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:59 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"Or perhaps if another new game is due out near the time of the next Tillercon, the event could be held in the vicinity of that location to allow a visit to the field, etc?"

With my luck the only game released then would be a Squad Battles title covering the Falklands.

If this holds true me- I prefer maybe . . . Grenada
But I can tell you many young Americans that wouldn't suggest a game just yet in that h3ll hole in the Middle East - Bless their Hearts.

Tillercon was great- thanks to all that put it on [Rich and gang] and to all that showed up. Nice meeting everyone!!!!
I was only sorry that more didn't have the opportunity to make it. If it is put off for two years, do start to make some preliminary plans now.

Brig Gen John Longstreet
Galveston Rifles
1/5/I/AoG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:57 pm 

Hi guys,

I just wanted to take a moment to say how much fun TillerCon was and how much I enjoyed meeting the many various people. I especially enjoyed the ACW discussion. I'm sure it did more in an hour of discussion than a year worth of email exchanges.

Rich Walker

P.S. I hope you guys will enjoy Campaign Shiloh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:26 pm 

Just got back from Viginia Beach where I took the wife after Tiller Con for her part of our vacation. Wanted to put my two cents in here. Crowd was a bit smaller than I expected but those of us there had a good time meeting one another and playing some MP games.

I sat in on the ACW roundtable and I got a favorable impression of John Tiller. I brought up my pet peeve, the lack of a unit density fire modifier, suggesting that if more than 6-700 men were stacked in a hex there should be a fire modifier when they are fired upon. Several other things were also discussed especially artillery with several different options being kicked around. As Don said John took notes on what was said and from the questions asked and comments made I got the impression our input would be considered when future updates are made.

Lt.Gen.Ken Miller
Veteran's Divsion
VIII / AoS