American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:18 am 

Gentlemen,

For security purposes, the password on the Southern Raiders Tavern was recently changed. The new password was provided to the CSA Army Commanders and they were asked to provide it to the officers under their commands. (I expected they would forward the information to their corps commanders, who would in turn forward it to their division commanders, who would in turn forward it to their brigade commanders. However, I purposely left to their discretion exactly how to pass the information along -- if one of the army commanders chose instead to send a single note directly to everyone in their army, that was their prerogative.)

I've had a couple of officers send dispatches to my HQ tent requesting the new password. I have referred them to their superior officers for assistance. I don't want to be a roadblock and I almost sent the password directly back to the requesting officers, but I realized that would be by-passing the chain of command.

I could have just sent the password myself to all CSA officers. However, the field commanders are in a better position to know which of their officers are active. That's what delegation is all about. If there is a breakdown in our communications, I do want (and need) to know about it.

Unfortunately, the ones who most need to know this information won't be able to access that forum, so I'm posting it here in case they wander by. (You Yanks didn't think I'd actually post the new password HERE, did you [:p] ?)

Fellow CSA officers, if you haven't stopped by the Southern Raiders Tavern, I encourage you to do so. (And if you don't know the password -- don't ask ME [:D] !)

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:40 pm 
The problem is that none of us here Georgians would spell that partic'lar word that partic'lar way. Did we use the Yankees spell'n to fool them or are you secretly a spy?

Seriously, since you can't see what you is enter'n on the computer gizmo, it took me three times to get it entered right, and I was an english major....

(Yes, I know that makes me a dumb redneck hick from Georgia. but I'll betcha that other folk have the same problem...)

Dave Bowman, Brigadier General (SS)
ANV/III Corps
Former Silver Dolphins Brigade
http://www.slipperyfish.com/daves_world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:53 am 

I guess "Jackson was a sissy" is a lot of letters in a row for you Georgians isn't it! [:D]

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:36 am 

No, no it's

"don'tshootjacksonerlongstreetisoneofours!"

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Post subject: