American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:54 pm 

Gentlemen (and Ladies) of the ACWGC,

I present to you the ACWGC Records Site. The site is up and fully finctional. Passwords will go out tomorrow morning. Be sure and send me a request for a password after reading the thread on "New Required Oath of Allegince" and "New Site Instructions".

http://acwgcrecords.org/ACWGC/login.cfm

Your humble and obedient servant,

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:53 pm 
Fantastic Don! And so thoughtful! knowing the majority of the ones registering their game end victories will be Union Officers, the site has been made a dignified, welcoming Union Blue ;-)

Thanks Don - now just waiting for my pw to go and see the wonders inside!

Maj Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:47 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font color="teal">Really General Kaulbars! Don is thoughtful![^] Knowing that our Union opponents will get a chance at a Game Start Registration, Don selected the color so you might get to enjoy the view![:D] Although I don't see much of an opportunity for our Union foe to experience the End Game Registration part of the site![;)]

Regards,</font id="teal">

Colonel Nick Kunz
Commanding,
2/2, III Corps, AoA, CSA
'DoubleDuce'
VMI Trainer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:58 am 

Outstanding work Don!![8D] Thank you so much[:D]

General Antony Barlow
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:27 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br />[teal] ...to experience the End Game Registration part of the site![;)] <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well Col, then maybe you and I should have a match someday - so I can savour registering a Major Victory just once in my poor, pitiful blue belly life [;)]

3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:21 am 

Outstanding work, Don.

Question: How do I enter the end of a game that has an ID from the old automated system? Do I have to re-register the new game first? I don't seem to be able to find that particular piece of info in the instructions, and unlike your first system this one doesn't allow a manual game end registration.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:22 am 

Does our printed OBD contain extracurricular points such as discretionary points, etc.?

Fld. Lt. Brad Slepetz
4th "Hell's Rifles" Brigade
1st Division
III Corps
AoG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:22 am 

Dierk, If the game has never been ended before January 1st of this year when my first site came up or if it hasn't been ended on my sites then you can go ahead and register it like a new game and end it and the points will be added. If it was registered and ended before, somewhere else, the points are already in the award adjustment. It sounds like from what you are describing, though, is games that need to be entered like a new game. My biggest concern is someone entering a game that has already been ended before somewhere else.

Lt. Slepetz, The individual Awards that show what the points were for are not there yet. The Adjustment figure, however, does contain those points. You will see them showing up as the CoAs get them entered. They will be added as we get the site going.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:41 am 
Don,
Great job!! The site looks great and is VERY easy to use. My Hats off to you SUH!! SALUTE

Fld Lt D.H. Smith
3/1/III Corps,AotM,CSA
http://users.adelphia.net/~sapper99/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:36 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dradams2</i>
<br />Dierk, If the game has never been ended before January 1st of this year when my first site came up or if it hasn't been ended on my sites then you can go ahead and register it like a new game and end it and the points will be added. If it was registered and ended before, somewhere else, the points are already in the award adjustment. It sounds like from what you are describing, though, is games that need to be entered like a new game. My biggest concern is someone entering a game that has already been ended before somewhere else.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The game start was registered under the old system before it went down and the game was completed two weeks ago.

My concern is about tracking old game IDs. Are we simply discarding them? Because that's what will happen when I re-register a game already registered as started (but not as completed) under the old system.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:46 am 

Dierk, When you say old system I am assuming you mean Rob Love's old site. The answers is yes, any uncompleted games that were registered before my two sites must be registered and assigned a new number. This site is now the "official" records site of the club and the numbers contained here will be the ones everyone refers to in the future. The new game numbers will begin at 9000 and go up from there.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:51 am 

Gotcha, thanks, Don.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:39 am 
Don

On the first page of the site it says "(If any information in first two lines is incorrect contact your Army Commander)"

By this you mean ones own AC, and not the CoA? might help to add the 'Not' statement just for clarity.

Thanks
Mike

3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:01 am 

Mike,

Thanks. I will be trying to add instructions and clifications on each page as I go. Keep the suggestions coming!

A couple of points.

1. Mailing requests to me for passwords is not being done as an ego trip for me. It is simply in the means of security. I could have set everyones password to the same thing but then anyone could get into the site.

2. This is YOUR site! (The ACWGC) You will find my name nowhere on this site except as a member. The copyright is to the club, not me. The club also "owns" the website. I am paying for it right now but we are going to set up a paypal link and anyone that wants to pay for a month can contribute. The monthly bill is $9.95 US. I know there are cheaper sites out there but this is a Cold Fusion site. Add that fact to your search for web space and see what you come up with! [:D]

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
I/III ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:14 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
On the first page of the site it says "(If any information in first two lines is incorrect contact your Army Commander)"

By this you mean ones own AC, and not the CoA? might help to add the 'Not' statement just for clarity.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually it could be either. For instance I found out yesterday that my XIX Corps commander was listed as being in the AoC, not AoS. Being the caring AC that I am, I tried to correct this, but found that I couldn't, because the system, supposing (understandably) that he was not under my command, wouldn't let me. So this would be a case where an AC can't help because the error occured higher up.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College