American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:53 pm 
Dispatch riders have arrived in Washington with news from the Peninsula!!!!

Federal troops have gallantly fought off hordes of rebel infantry, exacting a terrible price. McClelland reports a Union Major Victory at the battle of Oak Grove.

"Mr President, sir! - we have taught the rebel command the errors of their way - it is only a matter of moments until I receive word that Richmond will surrender. With so many rebel troops dead or dieing on the battlefield - I cannot forsee that the government in Richmond can continue in the face of the destruction of their army."

As a gaming note - great game Dan - enjoyed the battle - its too bad you ran out of steam - though the union was almost out of shot for our cannons - early attempts to breech the lines were repulsed - whew - thank god!!

Until the next game

Colonel N.Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:51 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neiledwards</i>
<br />As a gaming note - great game Dan - enjoyed the battle - its too bad you ran out of steam -
Until the next game

Colonel N.Edwards
2/3/XX/AoC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Neil,
Care to have a go at CG 4. Aldie ?? I just asked Harold to sign me up.

LTC D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://users.adelphia.net/~sapper99/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:40 pm 

Terrible news for the Confederacy: [:0]

US Gen. Passmore had a Major Victory at Fredericksburg. CS Col. Ray conceded after 76 turns.

Updated score:
<font color="red">CSA 310</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA 742</font id="limegreen">

The South is in trouble... The Rebels will need decisive victories or the war will be lost. [V]

Lt. Col. Harold Lajoie 3/2/I/AoM, CSA.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:15 am 

US Gen. Willie Passmore and US Col. Neil Edwards have received the 1st HACW Medal of Merit for outstanding performance on the battlefield. (100 + points in the tournament).

US Gen. Passmore also receives the 1st HACW Veterans Medal (100 + turns in the tournament).

Congratulations !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:17 pm 
<b><i>RICHMOND TIMES DISPATCH</i></b> <b>June 18, 1863</b>

<b><center>FEDERAL FORCES SUFFER MINOR DEFEAT AT ALDIE</center></b>
<center><u><i>Peter Rollins reporting</i></u></center>
Lastnight at around 8PM June 17, 1863 Calvary Forces under the command of Col T T Munford forced federal troops under the command of Col J Kilpatrick back into the town of Aldie. Union forces never moved any farther than just north of town as they were halted by Confederate forces between the gap at Ashbys Gap and Snickers Gap Turnpikes. While Col Munford was wounded during the battle his units continued to battle and won the day. While the Confederates suffered just over 800 casualties the Union forces suffered 612 casualties and lost 1 artillery piece. After running out of shot Confederate artillery moved to the Northern most point of the Snickers Gap Turnpike to await resupply. Supplies never came but the boys held out. With most of the units either out or running low on ammo, it was a good thing the battle ended when it did.

Seriously, this one goes down as a Confederate MINOR Victory, and also marks teh FIRST time I have ever defeated Col Neil Edwards! Great game Neil, I always have a slot open for you.

Dan

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://users.adelphia.net/~sapper99/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:14 am 

We need Confederate officers for Jackson's Charge (BGN mod) and Salem Church (Corinth 1.01 mod). The Union officers are waiting for more than two weeks now. All the details at the 1st HACW-Registration topic in the Opponent Finder section.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:34 am 

We lost contact with CS MG John Lonstreet at Glorietta Pass.

MG Longstreet, please contact me or Col. Darren McDonald.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:11 pm 
News from Gettysburg:

The battle that started with a few Union pony soldiers facing what turned out to be Heth's Division has now turned into a full dust up at Willoughby Run. Heth's brigades are pressing hard but have been bled by Buford supported by Renyolds. Cavalry regiments are delaying Pender, and I Corps has gone over to the attack. With Pegram's artillery beset by raiding cav, Archer dead, Davis and Pettigrew wounded, the reb division is reeling, but Union cavalry lie dead in droves.

Was the attack worth it. Is I Corps over committed. Time will tell.

Wait, to the north, clouds of dust, men on the march, more rebs reported by the scouts. It is 11:00 am.........

V/r

Brig Gen Mark E Wolken
Cav/XVI AoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:08 am 

Perryville, Kentucky.

Turn 24 (2pm): The Union army is now deployed and they have nearly a 2 to 1 numerical superiority. Federal reinforcements came in from three directions and we are now defending the hills west of Perryville.

The enemy launch his main assault from the west, directly against the center of our positions. They also mounted a light attack at our left flank, near the southern suburbs of the town. Finally, a small cavalry force was repulsed in front of our right flank, in the north.

General Braggs has to cancel his counter-offensive and is now conducting a purely defensive battle due to enemy numerical superiority. The Confederates have a Major Victory so far, due to heavy federal losses. The casualties are 4800 men, 9 guns and 2 officers for the Federals, against only 2200 men for the Confederates.

The Army is fighting with the river in his back, but General Braggs is confident that the superior quality of his officers and the courage of his soldiers will make the difference and that all the union assaults will be repulsed.

Long live the Confederacy !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:21 pm 

I wish a Merry Christmas to all ACWGC members !!! [:)]

Well, the war was not ended before Christmas. There is a lot of fighting to do to resolve this affair.

To all my Confederate camarades, I wish you many Major Victories on the HACW battlefields. [:D]

And to Yankees, mmm... well... I wish you a draw or two. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:36 pm 

My Dear Southern Officers,

Presently, the South is still engaged at Malvern Hill and has been successful in both Command and Tactics used to date. I have stressed the importance of a victory here at Malvern and to the outcome of HACWT to my Senior Officers. Please wish my boys the best.....

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:39 am 

US MG John Corbin will fight at 2nd Winchester against CS Lt. Col. Brad Slepetz.

2nd Sabine Pass scenario is now open in the 1st HACW registration topic at the Opponent Finder section. This is a mod for BGBR 32-bits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 am 
4PM (turn 28) Dispatch from Gen Reynolds to Gen Meade:

Sir,

My boys are heavily engaged southwest of Gettysburg and are plum fought out. Thousands dead on both sides. They have given as well as they took against what is reported as first Heth's Divsion, then Pender and a couple of brigades from Rhodes. My boys done me proud, but I shutter to think of the wives, mothers and childern that will be morning the loss of loved ones this bloody day. I hope and pray that their sacrifice will have not been in vain and that we will drive the insurrectionist rable from our sacred soil and reunite this nation torn asunder.

Howards Corp is still holding Gettysburg, but reports being pressed hard by Rhodes and now Early east of town. The rebs are just crossing Hannover Road east of town and I fear the test Howard's men will now face. I have detached Baxter's brigade to support the east but we all know his men are shakey at best.

Rebel guns have claimed Seminary ridge and my men are being driven back to the heights beyond the town.

Send support with all haste or the sacrifice of I Corp will have been in vain.

Your Humble Servant,

Reynolds

Hastely added at the end, "Riders from the 3rd IND under Gamble just in with a note about a raid on a reb command meeting. Reports of three senior officers captured. Much excitement. Details vague. Wonder if I'll have dinner with some old class mates tonight." JR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:51 pm 

The bells ring in the South !!!

CS Maj. Gen. Gerald Jensen lead the Confederate Army to a minor victory at the battle of Corinth against the hero of Fredericksburg, US Gen. Willie Passmore.

54 points to the South, 18 points to the North.

The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA: 367</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 761</font id="limegreen">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:14 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Harold Lajoie</i>
<br />The bells ring in the South !!!

CS Maj. Gen. Gerald Jensen lead the Confederate Army to a minor victory at the battle of Corinth against the hero of Fredericksburg, US Gen. Willie Passmore.

54 points to the South, 18 points to the North.

The updated score for the 1st HACW is:

<font color="red">CSA: 367</font id="red">
<font color="limegreen">USA: 761</font id="limegreen">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wow, we're getting slaughtered. And I suppose it will only get worse as we move into the latter part of the War.[:(]

Lt. Col. Brad Slepetz
1/4/III/AoG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next