American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:22 pm 
Gentlemen,

One other thing.....Fort Donelson was reoccupied by Confederate forces also this last turn.....And Mike, do you have the ability to edit the name of the thread? It does not appear that anybody knows what happened to the old one, so you might as well make this one the FTW Thread by dropping the "where is it" if possible......Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:09 pm 
I do believe one of the Cabinet member actually suggested renaming this thread to me in the past week....so I'll give the credit to him for the suggestion....I honestly can't remember which one it was at the moment.....but thanks for the suggestion, and thanks Genril Kaulbars fer gittin it dun.....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:10 am 
Gentlemen,
I lost all ya'll addy's in my puter crash....Those of you who have emailed since, I have back....But basically I need ya'll to email me on this at hanksteph@sbcglobal.net Thanks in advance, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:13 am 
Gents,
I still need all ya'll participants to email me at hanksteph@sbcglobal.net.......I am ttrying to update your OOBs.

Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:59 pm 
Gentlemen,
The body of General Edwin Sumner wounded and subsequently captured at the late battle of Harrisburg is being passed through the lines as General Huffman ordered him returned to his family for burial after his recent death from wounds recieved in said late hostilities. Confederate surgeons did all they could for him, but he was too severly wounded to recover.........Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:16 pm 
I have completed every command in the war's OOB updates to present....Scott Schlitte has even upgraded his weapons using the captured weapons he took from Generals Pinkham and Haynes last turn at Paducah.....The rest of you need to get in touch to accomplish the same.......I suspect that all of our new arrivals in the campaign will likely be getting new commands this turn at some location. Presidents, I need your factory locations.....I am about ready to put the new recruiting engine into its first action.....I will figure out the retroactive naval building and get with ya'll shortly....I do need each of you to email me just like the Generals, so I can add ya'll to my addy book....Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:56 pm 

WITH THE WAR HEATING UP THE UNION PRESIDENT AND SENATE DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO APPOINT A VICE PRESIDENT. In these perilous times you never know when some assassin may try to end the war with one shot.

The Union is proud to announce the appointment of GENERAL BILL ZUELSDROFF as the new Vice President of the United States of America.

The people of this great nation can rest easier knowing we have such capable men in the two highest seats in the World.

Welcome BILL to the (Fight the War) game!!!!!!!!

General Willie Passmore Fight the War not the battle.

Willie Passmore

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:49 pm 

Thanks for the welcome Willie. Now, you say all I have to do is shoot the president and I will be the head man?? I happen to know this actor...I think his name is Booth...Hmmm...Does the president like plays?[:D]

I am looking forward to working with the fine men of th Union in putting the rebellion down. It appears it will be a good time.

<font color="white">General Bill Zuelsdorff
Western Theater Commander
United States of America
</font id="white">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:11 am 
PRESIDENT RETURNS FROM VACATION
WASHINGTON IN UPROAR

The city was in ferment today after the newly-appointed Vice President suggested that he might shoot the President. The comments, made after a good dinner, were dismissed as 'taken out of context' by a spokesman for the Vice President, but this has not stopped some in Congress from questioning the appointment.

The President seemed relaxed about the whole affair, however. When questioned by this reporter he said: "I appointed the Vice President for his ability to supply the armies and direct the draft, not for his charm" On being pressed further as to whether such a gaffe-prone figure was really suitable for the job, the President said: "the Vice President comes with the highest qualifications for the role. I am confident he will do his work excellently. If he does he may break wind at dinner and molest wild goats for all I care"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:07 am 

Lt. Quick,

Re: "We are building our own engine from scratch." I am confused. I thought we were using Corinth v1.01 as our game engine. Once you get your game engine built from scratch, will you be sending it to the players?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:25 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<i>SELECT
FtW_Game_Map_Side.Map_Side_ID,
FtW_Game_Map_Side.Map_Side_Desc,
q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_City_To AS Map_City_ID,
FtW_Game_Map_State.Map_State_Name,
FtW_Game_Map_City.Map_City_Name,
q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_City_From AS Adj_City_ID,
FtW_Game_Map_City_1.Map_City_Name AS Adj_City_Name,
FtW_Game_Map_State_1.Map_State_Name AS Adj_State_Name,
FtW_Game_Map_Side_1.Map_Side_ID AS Adj_City_Side_ID,
FtW_Game_Map_Side_1.Map_Side_Desc AS Adj_City_Side_Desc,
FtW_Game_Map_Connect_Type.Map_Connect_Type_ID AS Adj_City_Connect_ID,
FtW_Game_Map_Connect_Type.Map_Connect_Type_Desc AS Adj_City_Connect_Type,
FtW_Game_Map_City_Occupied.Game_Team_ID AS Adj_Team_ID,
FtW_Game_Team.Game_Team_Desc AS Adj_Team_Desc,
FtW_Game_Team_Army.Game_Army_ID AS Adj_Army_ID,
FtW_Game_Army.Game_Army_Desc AS Adj_Army_Desc,
FtW_Game_Army.Game_Side_ID AS Adj_Army_Side_ID,
FtW_Game_Side.Game_Side_Desc AS Adj_Army_Side_Desc
FROM
((((((FtW_Game_Map_City AS FtW_Game_Map_City_1 INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_State AS FtW_Game_Map_State_1 ON FtW_Game_Map_City_1.Map_State_ID = FtW_Game_Map_State_1.Map_State_ID) INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_Region AS FtW_Game_Map_Region_1 ON FtW_Game_Map_State_1.Map_Region_ID = FtW_Game_Map_Region_1.Map_Region_ID) INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_Side AS FtW_Game_Map_Side_1 ON FtW_Game_Map_Region_1.Map_Side_ID = FtW_Game_Map_Side_1.Map_Side_ID) INNER JOIN q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union ON FtW_Game_Map_City_1.Map_City_ID = q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_City_From) INNER JOIN ((((FtW_Game_Map_City_Occupied LEFT JOIN FtW_Game_Team ON FtW_Game_Map_City_Occupied.Game_Team_ID = FtW_Game_Team.Game_Team_ID) LEFT JOIN FtW_Game_Team_Army ON FtW_Game_Team.Game_Team_ID = FtW_Game_Team_Army.Game_Team_ID) LEFT JOIN FtW_Game_Army ON FtW_Game_Team_Army.Game_Army_ID = FtW_Game_Army.Game_Army_ID) LEFT JOIN FtW_Game_Side ON FtW_Game_Army.Game_Side_ID = FtW_Game_Side.Game_Side_ID) ON FtW_Game_Map_City_1.Map_City_ID = FtW_Game_Map_City_Occupied.Map_City_ID) INNER JOIN (((FtW_Game_Map_City INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_State ON FtW_Game_Map_City.Map_State_ID = FtW_Game_Map_State.Map_State_ID) INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_Region ON FtW_Game_Map_State.Map_Region_ID = FtW_Game_Map_Region.Map_Region_ID) INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_Side ON FtW_Game_Map_Region.Map_Side_ID = FtW_Game_Map_Side.Map_Side_ID) ON q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_City_To = FtW_Game_Map_City.Map_City_ID) INNER JOIN FtW_Game_Map_Connect_Type ON q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_Connect_Type_ID = FtW_Game_Map_Connect_Type.Map_Connect_Type_ID
WHERE
FtW_Game_Map_Connect_Type.Map_Connect_Type_ID < 5
AND
q_FtW_Map_City_Connect_Union.Map_City_To = #Get_Recruit_Cities.Map_City_ID#
ORDER BY
FtW_Game_Map_Side.Map_Side_Desc,
FtW_Game_Map_State.Map_State_Name,
FtW_Game_Map_City.Map_City_Name

</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dang, I thought I was guilty of overly complex sql statments. You sure you've got your database properly normalized? What database are you using, BTW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:27 am 
He's talking about the strategic engine. The tactical side is still Corinth 1.01a.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Lt. Quick,

Re: "We are building our own engine from scratch." I am confused. I thought we were using Corinth v1.01 as our game engine. Once you get your game engine built from scratch, will you be sending it to the players?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:07 am 

I think there is an error in the query. The 13th LEFT JOIN after 5th INNER JOIN should have been a RIGHT JOIN.[:D][:D][:D]

Also you completely missed the part where you check to see if the CSA army is the ANV and immediately elliminate the Yankee army.[^]

BG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:42 am 
Gentlemen,
I would request that ya'll that have not recieved your pre-recruiting OOBs from me, let me know whoi you are and where you are presently stationed, and I shall send you said OOBs......Regards, Hank

BG Hank Smith
Army of Georgia
Smith's Division CO
Carroll's Corp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:14 am 

<b><font color="beige">Ken, You are the MAN!</font id="beige"></b> [:D]

<font color="blue"><b>Brig.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next