American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:31 pm 

Okay, does anyone know if this game has PBEM?

Anyone else know of this release?

I saw it in a store here in Melbourne, Australia.

<font color="gold"><b>Lt. Col. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
<font color="beige">3rd</font id="beige"> '<font color="red">Jayhawk</font id="red">' <font color="beige">Brigade
1st Light Inf. Div.</font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:14 pm 

Paul,

Do not buy this game. It is a bad idea. There is LAN game possibility, but no email. There have been postings here about this game already. I think you can downlaod a fuilly working demo from CatDaddy Games. I bought it before reading the posts and installed it and played it once. It is definitely different than what we are used to. Look on page seven of these posts under "New Gettysburg"

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
Cabinet Member
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:46 pm 

Thanks!

I thought I had heard this before.

<font color="gold"><b>Lt. Col. </b></font id="gold">Paul Wakeman, <font color="limegreen">Sharpshooter</font id="limegreen">
<font color="beige">3rd</font id="beige"> '<font color="red">Jayhawk</font id="red">' <font color="beige">Brigade
1st Light Inf. Div.</font id="beige">
<b>XIX Corps, AoS,<font color="gold"> USA</font id="gold"></b>

Cartographer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:42 am 

For a different side. I like it. It's not half bad. It's not what we are used to...but graphically speaking and sound quality...for $19.99 USD...it sure the heck beats the pants off of HPS visually. It's in 3D...[:D][:D]

For the price I paid compared to the price of HPS games, I think it was worth it as something for fun.

But I do plan on encouraging them to implement this design with the old style Talonsoft games.

The reason is, if they make a game like they used to, with the graphics quality of this one. I would stop buying HPS all together.

No offense to the HPS guys, you make great games, but don't get too comfortable with your status, it is easy to fall off the top. With Matrix Games making games now and some other getting into the field with games that cost less than HPS games, I encourage you guys to beef your games up. I know many have said graphics are second to game engine. Well in today's market all of us know if you wanna compete you gotta have both.

I don't mean to be bad mouthing HPS..it's a good company with great people...but when the modders provide the tools for free to make the games better, and when people refuse to buy the games until the mods are out it says something about the games. Why not work with some of these guys to make better game in the release??

I know I will continue to buy the Nappy and EAW, but I refuse to buy anymore ACW games until I see a big change in them, and I know I am not alone.

I think I may be a little strong worded hear and I will take the flak from people, but in all honesty I respect HPS and I am saying this so that they don't go out of business and they don't fall off the charts. Listen to your bases customers...it is business 101.

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 am 
I agree with Scott.... I am not buying anymore games that I cannot stand to look at until the graphics are improved.

I have everything up to Shilo, but took one look at Pennnisula dn Shilo and dumped them off the hard drive.

Yes, I can play in 2D - and may of us do, but frankly, isn't that kinds 1980's Avalon Hill Board Game? Whats the point in having computer games if they look the same as the board games did 25 years ago?

And by the by, thanks to Pete and others who have the time, patience and abiltiy to make Corinth, Ozark, Franklin and Gettyburg better!

Brigadier General(SS) Dave Bowman
The Army of Northern Virginia
3rd Corps ANV
"The Swamp Legion"

<center>Image</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:30 am 

I don't think many auto manufacturers would have made it with the type of business model where you depend on the free labor of your customers to upgrade the quality of your product to merely <i>acceptable</i>.

I understand the economics behind it all, and appreciate the efforts put forth in these games. It is just time for those getting the consumer's dollars to step up and improve the product. I think they want to make every effort to do so.

I'm not sure if that effort will be enough, however. Perhaps thier idea of what they want to produce is different from what the consumer is looking for. That happens, from time to time, afterall how many Edsels are being produced this year?

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!