American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:51 am 

Gentlemen!

Further to a thread on another Post Here at the M-D Tavern,

David Danner is Safe 'n' Well and sends his Regards to all his Friends and Opponents. I managed to track Him down via the i-Net & I was lucky enough this Morning to place a call to his Home and get Thru'.

David's House withstood Katrina quite well - with minimal damage. His Family are AOK. His Son and Daughter in law lived in Nawleeens and evacuated safely. They are awaiting permission to return to check on their Home, but unfortunately, they are expecting to find li'll or nothing left.

David's area (Almost on the Louisianna/Miss. State-line North of NO looks like a "Disaster Zone". 100 year old +++ trees strewn around like broken twigs. etc, etc. They have no Power and no Phones. Dave was amazed that my call went thru' to him and totally flummoxed when he realised that I was calling from Ireland. He can't make/receive calls down the street - yet an International call from Europe got Thru'. Figger that??? [:p]

David is in the "Medical Field" and as Ye can imagine - He is busier than a one-Armed Paper-Hanger, with an Itchy Ass! Combined with His Workload, His Lack of Power and Phone difficulties . . . He is unsure when He will have the Time or the ability to make personal contact with fellow ACWGC Members.

However, He asked me to make a Post Here Thanking Y'all for Your Concern and Support. All is well with Dave Danner and He'll be back! [:p]

As an Aside Gents . . seeing as the Call to Dave "Fluked" thru . . if'n anyone out there has Friends, Family or ACWGC contacts they have "Katrina" concerns about in the La.,Ark, Ala.,or Ms. States . . . Please feel free to e-mail me thru' my Profile on the Left of this Message, with any details/Phone #'s etc. and I'll be glad to attempt a contact with 'em.

I won't/can't make promises . . but would be Happy and Privileged to make an attempt for Y'all.
[:I]
Regards,

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:22 am 

That's excellent news Pat, and thanks so much for tracking Dave down and phoning him. I'm delighted that Dave is ok and I'm also really impressed that people who have never met and hardly really know each other care enough to make this sort of gesture. Pat you are a gentleman[:)] This really offsets some of the cynicism and negativity that sometimes seems to be all around[:)]

General Antony Barlow
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:59 am 

Pat, There are many of us out here that have concern for Dave Danner...That he and his family are doing well is great news and a relief to all of us...Thanks for you effort to get thru....Prudy darn good for a reb......I have been calling his number everyday since Katrina struck and all I get is a busy signal......And I live in Ohio.......

Maj. Gen John Dragan 2/II AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:19 pm 

John and Antony . . .Yousa makin' me blush![:I]

Many thanks for your kind thoughts men!

'Tweren't nuttin' and I just got lucky! [:)]

M'be y'all will admit for now, that the Confederacy holds Gentlemen officers of the Highest and genteelest quality! [:D] [:p]

Jest doin' Mah Dooty M'am <Salute> [:o)]

Pat.

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "