American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:30 pm 
Gents, Its Great to see ya! Some one buy me a drink! Just got my power on after 15 days. Man a Hot Shower never felt better. Thanks Pat for posting the info of my situation on the forum. I live about 80 miles north of biloxi. We got 100 mph sustained winds with higher gusts. Thats what the weather guys say. Myself it seemed the winds were 200mph haha.
All the power went down in Mississippi South of Jackson. No Radio, TV stations, phones, Cell phones nothing. The first night after the storm I had contact with my Sister next door and neighbors. None to the outside world. Very Dark night. But ALL of my family and friends made it through OK some lost houses, cars, stuff... but all are unhurt. My place made it through with minimal damage. My Brother In Law's shop on the other hand was demolished. Conditions slowly getting back to normal but I figure it will be months before the area is on its feet. I work at a plant that makes residential supply transformers. Tens of thousands were destroyed in the storm. I"m working lots of over time making transformers to light the place back up. My little part of the recovery.
To my friends that I owe game turns to0 I'll be getting in touch as I sort through my email box. Thanks everyone for the kind wishes, offers of help. That text message that you sent, Pat was a bright point in that day. Russ, Vern and Gary we will wargasm come Spring!!!!!

Good to see you all, Caleb
Now where is that drink?

Lt Gen Caleb Vicks
1/1/IICorps/AoG/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:46 pm 

Glad you got electricity back on. Just one more step to recovery...[:)]

Major General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:20 pm 

I thought that you wrestled gators for a living!

We were glad to hear that you had made it through Katrina basically unscathed and it's good to hear that you now have some communications. We can wait as long as is necessary for turns.

Barkeep, this man's bound to be thirsty. Put his first drink on my tab. Yes, that's right, MY tab. My name is Mark Nelms so go ahead and write what I owe you on that piece of paper.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
2/VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:31 pm 

Glad to have you up and running Caleb, was more than a bit worried about you and yours.

Brig. General Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:34 am 
Hi Caleb!

Glad to hear you and your family are fine. Take all the time you need, no hurry to continue our game, as real life is much more important.

Well, as someone else has already bought a drink, what about a T-Bone Steak?

Take care.

BG Thomas Borling

1/2/I/AotP
Robinson's Young Guard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:21 am 
Thanks Tom I think a steak would be nice right now. Heck I even loved the hamburger helper my wife made when the power came on. Been eating out of cans and cooking outdoors also we were given MREs Military meals ready to eat. Any of you fellows out there tried any of these?. For something that has a shelf life of decades it tasted pretty good. All menus. They even heat themselves up. haha
Now another drink to go with my steak...

Cheers,Caleb

Lt Gen Caleb Vicks
1/1/IICorps/AoG/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:00 pm 

Hi Caleb,

Here is a drink to you ON ME. Now don't go and get too soused up. You will need to keep a clear head so's you can catch sight o'those Federal Fellers what are comin't o hep you folks out.

How are things going now?

Vern

Lt. Gen. Vern Pinkham I/AoA