American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:50 am 

The folks at Madminute Games are working on a new title called Take Command: 2nd Manassas. Their previous game, Bull Run, is simply outstanding, so it is a safe bet that this one will be even better. Here is the blurb from their website:

Regards, Conjotter

Following up their award winning Take Command: Civil War Bull Run, MadMinute explores this pivotal battle of the Civil War in 1862. An exciting new feature of TC2M will be carryover in scenarios or connected battles. New carryover scenarios will start with the men that survived the previous day's battle. So your command decisions will not just affect today, they will affect tomorrow as well and maybe even the day after that. TC2M will also include 2 other crucial battles of the 2nd Manassas Campaign: Cedar Mountain and Chantilly.

With over twenty scenarios and a new and improved Open Play engine, MadMinute surpasses their previous success with Civil War Bull Run. Other important innovations include new uniform types, expanded cavalry commands, the ability for infantry to "take cover", a feature that pauses the game and allows you to tour the map and plan your strategy, and five new historically accurate US battlefield maps with field crops. There's even an evening sky that adds to the already life-like terrain.

Many exciting refinements have been made to the tactical game as well. Regiments of 1,000 men can now be represented with 100 sprites. The morale, weapons, and line of sight modeling is more realistic and much improved. Take Command: 2nd Manassas also includes a completely revamped artillery model that includes the ever deadly Double-Canister round.

MadMinute Games, Inc. (TM) also announced that its next planned title, Take Command: Shiloh is still on target for December 2006. This monumental effort includes a full campaign map to plan the grand strategy surrounding the Battle of Shiloh. Take Command: Shiloh will include three other crucial Western battles of 1862: Pea Ridge, Corinth, Perryville.

MadMinute Games, Inc. (TM) is a true "garage game" company. Founded by two friends with minimal experience in the games industry, they worked at night and on weekends for three and a half years to complete Bull Run. Now, joined by a group of volunteer designers and testers, they've soldiered on to produce MadMinute's second product, Take Command: 2nd Manassas. The MadMinute community is growing and the founders hope to someday work on the "Take Command" series full time. Their combat engine has received excellent reviews and their AI has been lauded in numerous publications, even by the ever difficult to please "Grognards."

Visit the MMG website (http://www.madminutegames.com)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:13 pm 

thats cool....

Wasn't too hard for them to do that....I haven't been over there for a while, but I believe Forum member Wrangler did most of the dirty Work for them....He was designing 2BR Mod for the game....but he stopped the project becuase he was running into too many limitations with the Current BR Game engine.....My guess is he gave them his data and they applied it to their In Development Shiloh engine.....

Oh well..Hopefully it'll be as good as TC:BR and not be buggy....

Lt. Jason Fitch
commanding, 4th Bde
1st Div IX Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:43 am 

Guys,

I'm helping to playtest this one, and it looks great. Without Activision breathing down their necks, MMG can try more things and try them quickly. I can't say any more than that at this time because Norb and Adam like to divulge any new info themselves. I highly recommend this one when it comes out though!

-Brett Schulte
HPS Playtester

ACW Campaign Games Design Center:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWCGDC/index.html

My Civil War Book Collection:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWBooks/

ACW Gaming & Reading Blog:
http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWBlog/